ABOUT GENDER RESOURCES:
GRI advances gender equality and women’s empowerment so that all people – women, men, boys, and girls – have equal abilities and opportunities to lead more fulfilling lives. We utilize innovative practices in adult education, communication technology, and results-based program management to achieve programs with tangible impacts for real people. Incorporated in 2012, GRI is a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) based in San Francisco, California.
GRI is currently seeking a qualified Gender Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Integrating Agriculture, Nutrition, and Water and Sanitation program in Zambia. The program will work with Economic Development, Health, and Education offices to implement an integrated agriculture, nutrition, and water and sanitation activity to reduce stunting through agriculture, water and sanitation, and behavior change. The Gender Advisor will have overall accountability to ensure strategic development, delivery of project results, and client satisfaction for women’s agricultural development project components. The Advisor will report to the DCoP and GRI President.
This position is contingent on funding.
This position is open to citizens of Zambia only.
- Determine the strategic and technical direction of gender equity and women’s empowerment activities
- Contribute to work-plan development
- Implement gender equity and women’s empowerment activities, including:
- Gender awareness training for counterpart staff
- Empowerment training for women staff
- Anti-discrimination initiatives for counterpart agencies
- Mainstream gender responsiveness in service delivery
- Ensure effective knowledge management and coordination of assigned activities
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual reports, work-plans, and success stories as required by client and GRI
- Travel within Zambia to ensure successful delivery of program results, including to remote locations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DCoP and GRI President
- Masters in women’s studies, agriculture, economic development, or similar required
- Ten (10) years experience developing and managing gender equity programs; 15 years preferred
- Proven, in-depth understanding of key challenges and opportunities in women’s empowerment in the Agriculture sector
- Additional experience with food security, nutrition, climate change, access to rural finance, and agribusiness development preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Fluency in at least one local language preferred
- Prior experience working on USAID programs preferred
- Excellent management and administrative skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to difficult environments to complete program assignments
- This position is open to citizens of Zambia only
Pay is commensurate with position and experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
GRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, or pregnancy.