Australia nationals: Project Officer
The position will support the delivery of the sustainable use and allocation of underground water through the implementation of Water Plans and Water Management Protocols within Central Region.
Operating from within the Water Services team, your role will primarily involve providing technical input and assessment of underground water applications and dealings under the Water Act 2000. You will assist the team with providing support to client based enquiries and be directly involved with key projects such as assessment of mine underground water monitoring reports; providing technical comments on Environmental Impact Statements and other underground water reports; and analysing, reporting and storage of groundwater related data.
Position status Permanent
Occupational group Sciences
Workplace Location Mackay region,Rockhampton region
Job ad reference QLD/295958/18
Closing date 07-Dec-2018
Yearly salary $60527 - $76832
Fortnightly salary $2320.00 - $2945.00
Contact person Tammy Kennedy
Contact details PH no: (07) 4837 3452
- Undertake regulation of water through authorisations under the Water Act 2000, Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and subordinate legislation
- Undertake sound decision making and provision of advice based on a good technical knowledge of underground water including relevant legislation, physical characteristics and factors that will affect impacts on underground water sources, users and dependent ecosystems.
- Review, analyse and interpret water resource data to identify local and regional management options and provide recommendations as required
- Proactively identify regional water resource issues and management options, provide advice and liaise with departmental clients, government, and other organisations on natural resource management issues including legislative and policy requirements
- Provide support to a regional team with the ability to work in a changing and dynamic environment with diverse clients and conflicting priorities
- Maintain individual professional development and participate in self development activities as jointly determined with the supervisor
- Other duties as directed and required
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- 295958 18 - Role Profile (Word, 104KB) Role Description
- 295958 18 - Working for DNRME (PDF, 272KB) Information Package for Applicants