IWA’s vision is a world in which water is wisely managed to satisfy the needs of human activities and ecosystems in an equitable and sustainable way. We inspire change by servicing IWA members, the community of water professionals and opinion leaders; and by being the global source of knowledge, experience and leadership for sustainable urban and basin-related water solutions. IWA is a worldwide network for water professionals and companies, with a membership comprising leading companies in the fields of water services, infrastructure engineering and consulting as well as more than 10,000 individuals. The IWA network is structured to promote multi-level collaboration among its diverse membership groups, and to share the benefit of knowledge on water science, technology and management worldwide.
IWA’s 2019-2024 Strategic Plan includes the critical objective and strategic goal of “An engaged and balanced membership”. Increase the absolute number of members who actively participate in the IWA’s strategic activities by making engagement central to membership; develop bespoke membership services and engagement opportunities through a more customer-oriented service culture that better meets members’ needs and expectations. Increase the number of IWA members from under- represented regions, including from Asia, Africa and Latin America, by offering bespoke membership services and opportunities relevant to their regions and interests. Enhance the membership experience for members in well-established regions, including Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America, by adding value to their networking and knowledge exchange activities. Increase the number of young water professional members and develop targeted and well-designed opportunities for them to fulfil their professional and personal aspirations.
This position serves as a key component of the organisation’s Membership team and acts as a point of contact for all members and prospective members to provide timely assistance, ensure that membership benefits are delivered, and contribute to an excellent member experience. Based in the IWA office in The Hague, and working under the general supervision of the Membership Development and Analytics Manager, this position has the responsibility to work on the following areas:
1. Membership Fulfilment (65%)
- Responsible for responding to queries on Zendesk (our customer service platform), email, by phone, and chat; clearly communicating membership benefits; and performing ad hoc administrative duties.
- Log and process applications for membership, and undertake all aspects of data entry relating to members in accordance with the agreed data for collection to underpin the IWA’s business needs.
- Conduct key membership tasks including creating invoices and receipts, processing credit card payments, and keeping payment tracking files up to date.
- Ensure that all responses to membership enquiries are immediate and to a good standard. Provide excellent customer service.
- Work closely with team members to facilitate fulfilment of membership benefits
- Contribute to the development of the membership budget;
- Deliver a seamless experience to the members as well as providing support and assistance to team members where needed.
2. Administration (35%)
- Manage and review of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and performance of external fulfilment;
- Maintain and develop strategies for the administration of individual membership;
- Develop and use annual and quarterly work plans to guide work and deliver results;
- Provide troubleshooting support for the IWA Connect community as needed;
- Create and process the POs for membership fulfilments related payments.
- Contribute to the development of a CRM system, particularly with respect to individual membership data management and communications requirements;
- Carry out administrative duties required to function within the IWA;
The above job description contains the main duties and responsibilities for this position. However, in an organisation such as IWA, staff members are expected to show flexibility in their approach to work and be willing to undertake other tasks that could be reasonably expected of them, but which are not part of their Terms of Reference. Where any task becomes a regular part of an employee's responsibilities, the job description will be changed in consultation with the employee, the line manager and the Chief Operating Officer.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and understanding of the concept of “membership” and experience working with such networks;
- Customer service experience and the drive to ensure delivery of an optimal customer experience;
- Experience in working across various digital and communications platforms;
- Mastery of English is essential; proficiency in additional languages is highly desirable.
- Adept at MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and reporting software.
- Appetite for and experience in CRM;
- Self-starter, action-oriented and results driven;
- Highly organised and methodical;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work to deadlines and cope with pressure, multi-task, demonstrate flexibility;
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports and proposals;
- Flexible team player, with awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which the IWA operates;
- Additional language/s
- Sector knowledge/experience
Work percentage: 100% (40 hours)
Duty station: Den Haag
Reporting to: Membership Development and Analytics Manager
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to submit their CV in English along with a supporting letter of motivation.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail before 7 December 2018 to: IWA Human Resources - Mrs. Thais Gonçalves: .
IWA is an equal opportunity employer.