Knowledge Building Internship
Knowledge Building Internship
- Location: Sutton, London
- Closing date for applications: 21 December 2018
- Contract: Fixed-term to end-July 2019
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is a non-profit organisation, working with a network of members and partners throughout the world.
Our mission is to advance sustainable hydropower. With our members and partners, we build and share knowledge on the role of hydropower - the world’s largest source of renewable energy - in responding to energy, water and climate challenges.
Our programme of work covers topics such as: clean energy systems; green finance; climate mitigation, resilience and adaptation; regional interconnections; water footprint; and sediment management.
Every two years, we host the World Hydropower Congress, a high-level event that brings together leaders from government, industry, finance, UN agencies, academia and civil society to chart a course for the future of the hydropower sector.
IHA is currently seeking interns with interest in hydropower, freshwater management and climate change solutions to support several work streams within the Knowledge Building team. This internship is paid.
Our work covers a broad range of topics and includes sector monitoring and management of our global database on hydropower. We build and share knowledge on topics such as: climate mitigation, climate resilience and adaptation, sediment management, benefit assessment of hydropower, river basin development, operations and maintenance, modernisation, project finance and investment, clean energy systems, water footprint and regional interconnections.
We collaborate closely with our extensive network of members and partners to deliver on these topics. Our partners include research institutions, non-governmental organisations, governments, international financial institutions and development agencies.
- Assist in gathering data on global hydropower statistics and hydropower sector trends.
- Support research and report on global hydropower developments to contribute to country and regional hydropower profiles.
- Assist the knowledge building team to research and collect relevant literature, data and case studies for integration in to the different topic programs.
- Assist in the organisation of webinars, workshops and congress sessions.
Essential skills and attributes:
- University level education;
- Knowledge related to renewable energy, water resources, and/or climate challenges.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of English and at least one of the following languages: Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian and/or Portuguese.
- Strong communication skills; written and oral.
- A strong team player, but able to work independently and under time constrains.
- Be able to work in multi-disciplinary and international environments.
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Experience in analysing and communicating statistical information.
- Experience in hydropower, water resources management, climate change adaptation, project finance and investment, and/or environmental policies.
- Database management experience.
IHA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Candidates should send their CV, cover letter and completed internship form (below) to email@example.com using the subject line 'IHA Knowledge Building Internship'.