Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Disclaimer: In the context of the Coronavirus outbreak, the Bank is monitoring the situation in all its locations carefully, duly taking into account national measures. These measures may imply restrictions regarding the performance of this traineeship, including that the traineeship may take place remotely. We will keep you informed of any changes or measures taken during recruitment process.
Objective of the traineeship
As a trainee, you will support the experts in the Environment and Natural Resources Department (ENR) of the Bank’s Projects Directorate (PJ) in the appraisal of projects, by contributing to a research on unit costs of investments in the following sectors: water (water supply, sanitation, flood protection), solid waste and bio-economy (agriculture, forestry, etc.).
The overall goal is to create unit cost reference documents for the above sectors which could be used for the next three to four years.
Under the guidance of the experts in the Environment and Natural Resources Department of the Projects Directorate, you shall:
- extract or calculate unit costs from PJ’s project appraisal reports or JASPERS completion notes for investments in the EU Member States co-financed by the EIB in the past years (2018 to 2021);
- review the available unit costs and find out the most significant parameters for each sector (water, solid waste, bio-economy) based on relevance and availability;
- perform a review of available and relevant unit cost studies (e.g. from benchmarking bodies, national regulators);
- prepare user friendly reference documents (one per sector) with the most relevant unit costs to be used as guidance in the appraisal of future operations.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree, preferably in Civil, Environmental or Agricultural Engineering or a related field;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU language would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Your application may be used for another campaign.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 3rd December 2021.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; https://www.eib.org/en/about/careers/categories/traineeship-and-graduate.htm