Background: Based out of the UK with significant presence in the Americas region, the Smart Water Networks Forum (SWAN) is the leading global non-profit industry forum promoting the use of data technologies in water and wastewater networks, making them smarter, more efficient and sustainable. By fostering cross-industry and regional collaboration, SWAN shares its members’ diverse expertise, develops its own research, and helps shape industry standards.
- Internship Aim: To create a mutually beneficial internship experience (in-person or remote) that will help accelerate smart water & wastewater deployment in the Americas region. Internship Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and admin support for SWAN Management Team and SWAN Americas Alliance Subgroup leaders (scheduling calls, preparing slides & writing recaps)
- Support Americas Outreach group on marketing efforts, including supporting subgroup leader/s on social media calendar coordination and providing quality content sources for active SWAN Americas Twitter handle;
- Help promote SWAN Americas Alliance activities (e.g. webinars, workshops) across social media channels, university/industry contacts, and SWAN Americas Alliance leads;
- Market mapping of potential Americas-based university and industry leads relevant for SWAN Membership;
- Opportunity to produce relevant Americas-focused articles and SWAN Member Interviews for SWAN blog/website covering regional smart water topics and gain exposure in the industry;
- Help promote free SWAN resources to existing and prospective SWAN Members on the importance of smart water (e.g. SWAN Research Portal, SWAN SMART SCORE, SWAN Interactive Tool, infographics, animated clips, etc.);
- Be able to commit 10-15 hours per week for a period of 4 months, including weekly cadence calls with SWAN VP Strategy of Innovation. Internship Benefits
- Global smart water training at the start of your internship onboarding;
- Featured as “SWAN Americas Alliance Intern” on SWAN’s Leadership page;
- Receive full, complimentary access to the SWAN Forum as a Member for one calendar year beginning from the effective date of this agreement. This includes access to SWAN research reports and regional events (e.g. white papers, utility surveys, infographics, webinars, etc.), and SWAN’s Young Professional Mentorship Series led by RiSWP.
- Discounts to global industry events and insider reports;
- Full complimentary pass to the SWAN 2022 Annual Conference (May 24-26 in Washington, DC)
- Meaningful industry connections and opportunities to engage with global smart water thought leaders;
- Opportunities to get your articles published on leading water journals/publications;
- Signed letter of recommendation based on internship performance;
- Small financial stipend.
Internship Location: While SWAN is global and running remotely due to global uncertainties, preference will be given for those New York City/ET based.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV, a professional reference letter, and your starting availability to SWAN’s Programme Manager, Sandy Moskovitz: [email protected] with the subject line: “SWAN Americas Intern Position.”