Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
The District Coordinator is responsible for overall district coordination of all Water For People interventions and provide technical leadership in the implementation of the Water For People program. He/She is accountable for the delivery of key performance indicators under the district Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) program. The District Coordinator is responsible for all district grant compliance of all partners and represent Water For People at relevant district level technical forums. The District Coordinator reports will be reporting to the Senior Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Lead in the development and review of Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with District Councils and or local NGOs (Implementing partners) detailing each partner obligation and responsibilities and performance targets based on different projects.
- Provide technical leadership at district level in the implementation of Water For People Everyone Forever model.
- Ensure proactive program management of WASH projects through strong adherence to program quality standards, monitoring, evaluation and learning and evidence-based decisions.
- Lead in the development and delivery of the Multi Year Plans (MOP) and budgets and other related documents.
- Support partners in the development of Specific District Operation Plans showing clearly activities to be implemented in light of the MOP and grants that Water For People is supporting.
- Participate in District level technical networks with a view to profiling and sharing of Water For People contribution to district level WASH targets.
- Liaise with the Monitoring Specialist, in developing the district specific monitoring plan clearly showing relevant indicators, data sources, data collection tools, frequency of data collection, use of the data and clear feedback loop to the Programs Manager, Technical Staff and the Technical Manager.
- Support in the coordination of annual monitoring at district level such as the Sustainable Services Checklist (SSC) interviews and Reflection sessions for the district. This will include leading in the compilation of the reflection reports for the EF district. He/she will be responsible to follow through the action plan and recommendations derived from the reports and reflection sessions.
- Identify advocacy opportunities and engage with the Advocacy resource person to develop tailored advocacy products at District level and escalate those that need national intervention.
- Take leadership is development and updating of internal reports and documents such as the Tracking Spreadsheet (TSS), Cost to Reach Everyone, the Forever Planning tool and the Bi-annual.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Appropriate Master’s Degree in Social Science, Development, Engineering, Integrated Water Resources Management or any relevant degree. Those with Bachelor Degree might be considered based on experience.
- At least 5 years working experience.
- Experience in program/project planning, budget management and reporting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position is based at Water For People’s Malawi office;
- Trips within and outside Malawi will be required from time to time.
Contact and Further Information:
Please send your application letter and CV including copies of relevant certificates through email to The Country Director at [email protected] the email heading should read District Coordinator.
Closing date of application is December 13, 2021
Note: Due to the many number of applications that we normally receive shortlisting and interviews will be done on a rolling basis without waiting for the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.