Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Senior Project Officer
- Temporary opportunity until 30 June 2024, based in Regional NSW (location negotiable)
- Salary relative to experience and ranges from $108,841 to $121,247 + super
We are looking for a high-performing Senior Project Officer to contribute to codesign and deliver the Great Cumbung Region Water Management Plan Project to protect and restore the regions unique wetland biodiversity. This role will coordinate the Plan’s development in partnership with the Great Cumbung Region stakeholders including land managers, First Nations and environmental water managers. The Plan will guide the future delivery of water for the environment and investment in complimentary measures.
To develop the Great Cumbung Region Water Management Plan, you will need adept project management and writing skills, and an ability to elicit and coordinate collaborative input from project partners and stakeholders. You will also have experience in undertaking and synthesising ecological research and evaluation in partnership with landholders and resource managers, on biodiversity and threatened species matters, and communicate outcomes and recommendations to a wide-range of audiences.
This is an excellent opportunity for a natural resource professional to join a dedicated and highly regarded environmental water management team, together with significant opportunity to be a key contributor in supporting the delivery of positive environmental outcomes for the people of NSW. We also offer career development and advancement opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written works and format them according to departmental guidelines, including how to present and explain complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with technical and scientific information in the context of environmental programs.
- Project management experience including proven ability to contribute to and support the completion of large and complex projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline.
- Experience negotiating successful resource management outcomes within and between groups representing diverse interests, demonstrating excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
For more information read the full Role Description:
For more information hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday 12 December 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Joanne Lenehan via [email protected] or on 0437 938 365.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.