Location: Canberra, ACT, AU
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Do you have experience in landscape hydrological modelling or river system modelling?
- Join CSIRO and be a part of a highly motivated Land and Water team!
- Full-time opportunity based in ACT
CSIRO’s Land and Water team is seeking a motivated hydrologist to support the Water Security Program. In this role, you’ll be a part of an established team of industry led experts within the water resources assessments and river system modelling projects. You will also contribute to other adjacent interdisciplinary works in integrated water resource management and development impacts on water and environment.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting in depth research in hydrological science and hydrological modelling.
- Collaborating within a team on high impact external projects (e.g. the Northern Australia Water Resources Assessments.
- Contributing to inter-disciplinary research in the areas of integrated water resource management, development impacts and web delivery of river models.
- Building a web-based interface for river system models.
- Enabling users to access and use models, importing modelling results into web-based explorer tool and delivering river models through the river modelling app (R Shiny web app).
Location: Canberra, Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary degree or equivalent relevant work experience in hydrology or environmental sciences.
- Knowledge of landscape hydrological modelling and complex spatial analysis.
- Hands-on experience in river system modelling, building web-based interfaces and web delivery of river models using the R Shiny web app.
- Proven past capabilities in programming and working with large datasets that cover spatial and temporal scales.
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
07 December 2021, 11:00pm AEDT