ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavours to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.**
Start Date: 1st January 2021
The chief wash engineer responsible for the supervision of ACTED’s WASH program basic services, monitoring service quality, BOQs and assessments.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of: WASH Project Manager
- wash Officers
- wash engineers
- wash project assistant
- Water Monitor
- Incentive workers
- Project assistant lab
- Database officer/ assistant
- PR officer/assistant
- Logistics Officer
- Accountability officer
- Services Suppliers
- Camps Committees
The chief wash engineer officer is to be responsible for wash engineers, WASH Officers, assistants, water Monitors incentive workers project assistant lab and data base officer , in order to deliver basic WASH services as well as following up with WASH related wash services .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, monitor and control the overall wash activities in IDPs Camps.
- Close monitoring of the basic wash services.
- Monitor wash services quality.
- Collect and prepare BWS needed data and documents BOQS and technical studies
- Ensure that proper water quality management activities are undertaken in alignment with ACTED’s water quality standards
- Oversee and advise on planning and selection of suppliers, material, etc. and confirm the quality of services and materials.
- Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders.
- Share program-related information on the status of activities and achievement to WASH Engineer.
- Contribute in rapid/ need assessments for new IDPs sites.
- Participate in emergency response activities as needed
- Follow up with accountability team to close complaints
Key Performance Indicators
Example, the key performance indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets
· 90% success rate of managing and supervising the staff who reports to the wash PM.
· # of submit monthly data on time.
· Degree in civil, electrical, mechanical or Water engineering
· Minimum 5 years of WASH Engineering experience, 2 years NGO experience Working in Humanitarian Organization is highly desired.
· Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
· Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
· Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
· Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and AutoCAD is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
· Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills is desired.**
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form at this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
“ACTED applies a strict “hiring no first and second-degree relatives” policy. All applicants have to declare any relatives when applying, failure to do so will automatically result in a rejection of his/her candidacy.““تطبق منظمة اكتد سياسة صارمة بشأن عدم توظيف أقارب من الدرجة الأولى والثانية. يجب على جميع المتقدمين لوظائف اكتد الافصاح و الاعلان عن أي صلة قرابة عند التقديم ، وسيؤدي عدم القيام بذلك تلقائيًا إلى رفض طلب الترشيح للوظيفةا.”*
وسيؤدي عدم القيام بذلك تلقائيًا إلى رفض طلب الترشيح للوظيفةا.”**