The Government of Mexico, within the framework of the National Climate Change System (SINACC) and particularly in the Adaptation Policies Working Group (GT-ADAPT) of the Inter-ministerial Climate Change Commission (CICC) prepare the NAP proposal, which is part of the specific actions defined in the Special Climate Change Program (PECC) 2021-2024 of Mexico.
To further its work on adaptation, the Government of Mexico intends to prepare the Communication on the Adaptation of the annex to decision 9 / CMA.1 of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
The expert will support completing Mexico’s ADCOM (Phase 3), allowing the country to delve into key issues of the elements of the Communication on Adaptation, such as the mainstreaming of adaptation in development and sectoral planning, specific costs of the planned adaptation measures, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of adaptation, among others.
- Studies in design, graphic design, digital design, editorial design, letters or in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated expertise in similar jobs for the Government of Mexico, preferably in the following areas: Dissemination of Science; Climate Change; Public Policies, etc.
- Familiarity with official provisions on government design and image.
- Strong syntax and writing skills
- Strong editorial design skills.
- Advanced use of software like Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe In Design CC, Adobe Photoshop, or other similar ones.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (spoken and written). Strong writing skills in English are essential for some deliverables.
To apply for this consultancy, please submit a statement of interest, CV (4 pages max), and expected daily rate to [email protected], specifically mentioning in the subject “Short-term Consultancy in Mexico”. If you are selected for the consultancy, you may be required to provide proof of your daily rate (e.g., a copy of a contract of at least 20 days that states a daily rate).
In your application, please clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined above. Attach supporting information for verification.
Application deadline: November 30, 2021
Start date: December 1, 2021
End date: February 28, 2022
Read the full Terms of Reference.