WHO IS ECOFISH LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Hydrologist to join our dynamic team! We will provide an opportunity to join a team of experienced and skilled professionals who thrive on innovation, collaboration, and integrity. While working alongside Ecofish experts in your field, we will support your career goals by providing great opportunities for growth and advancement through mentorship, training, and other professional development opportunities.
This role will be based in one of our eight office locations.
The environment needs our help, and we are up to the challenge. At Ecofish, we have made the environment our life’s work, as reflected by our mission: Creating and implementing innovative environmental designs and practices to create solutions that assist and support industry and government, deliver green, sustainable developments.
To achieve our mission, our team is the embodiment of our values:
- Science based: We characterize, hypothesize, predict and test – to be accurate and assure
- Ethical: We consistently meet or surpass environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines to minimize impacts on the environment.
- Ingenuity: We develop novel techniques to increase accuracy in assessing environmental impacts and create innovative solutions for our clients.
- Professional: We are competent, honest, ethical, reliable, and certified by accredited
Ecofish incorporates these values in all aspects of our work. Social responsibility is at the core of our mission. Internally and externally, we bring a strong willingness to be cooperative and supportive of our clients, employees, and suppliers.
WONDERING WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
Your role will require you to bring a high standard of scientific excellence to your daily work. These responsibilities will include:
- Supporting complex water resource monitoring and management projects
- Being involved in designing, implementing, and undertaking high-quality field data collection and processing
- Calibrating and maintaining instrumentation, including remote monitoring hydrometric stations
- Conducting hydrological analyses, including the development of rating curves
- Mentoring junior staff in your technical discipline
- A blend of field-based and office-based activities, responding to the seasonal needs of hydrometric data collection and client driven reporting requirements
THE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in geosciences, engineering, or earth sciences
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Registered or eligible to register as a professional engineer or geoscientist an asset
- Experience working with a team of professionals
- Applied surface water hydrology monitoring experience
- Effective analytical and technical writing skills with the ability to produce high quality reports and proposals
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality, and excellence are key attributes
- Effective and demonstrated communication and strong inter-personal skills
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled. Only those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.