Duración : 12 months
Fecha de inicio : Inmediatamente
Contribuirás a acabar con el hambre en el mundo por …
The main aim of this position is to manage independently all the WASH development project implementations, as well as functionally supporting on all the soft components of all the WASH projects in all their aspects in the south, while supporting the WASH PM in his/her strategic role. This will be articulated through the following sub-objectives:
- Guaranteeing proper monitoring, follow up, and quality on the implementation of all the development and soft components of all WASH projects in South base, including the management of the Madad funded ACF projects.
- Managing autonomously financial follow up, reports and interactions with the departments of Admin, Log, HR, and MEAL when it comes to the Madad projects.
- Providing support to the staff directly and functionally managed by her/him, building their capacity and independence, and lead the coordination with the other technical and support departments at base level as needed.
Las principales actividades que desempeñaras son las siguientes:
Objective 1: Ensure timely and quality implementation of the development and soft components of the WASH projects in the South base (40%).
- Define the program implementation modalities, methodologies, and tools for an integrated programming together with the WASH PM
- To provide guidance to the project teams in planning meetings (activity follow up, trainings, monitoring, reporting, etc.) To ensure this plan is in line with the project workplan; assuring its accomplishment on a timely manner, in coordination with the project team and the WASH PM.
- Identify, jointly with the team, program constraints and delays during implementation, propose solutions and support the correct implementation.
- To ensure proper archiving of technical support documents.
- Participate in the recruitment and training of the staff involved in the department.
- To ensure capitalization of development program experiences, lessons learnt, and programmatic recommendations are documented, shared, and used to improve the quality of the program implemented.
- To follow up the projects to increase the sustainability of the WASH intervention and to propose, new modalities of implementation in line with the ACF strategy.
- To provide verbal and written reports to direct and functional managers on the agreed frequency.
- Support the development and improvement of staff, improving both skills and knowledge amongst the team.
- Coordinate and implement together with the WASH PM and the Wash Coordinator ACF mission strategy.
Objective 2: Internal/external reporting, support on the preparation of new proposals (15%)
- Work closely with the Grants Manager and the WASH PM in drafting activity reports for each donor on a timely manner.
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services for the program, budget follow-up and forecast, in close coordination with Logistics and Admin Departments.
- Participate in the design of new budgets and proposals, in coordination with the Grants Manager, WASH PM and WASH Coordinator.
- Report to the InterAgency Working Groups, UN bodies and ‘Activity Info’ on outputs of Action Against Hunger WASH programmes in South, in coordination with the WASH PM.
- To ensure the team’s monitoring and evaluation of the program is effective and functioning for both direct and indirect results expected in the project.
- Work closely with the MEAL department to provide quality analysis and synthesis of information to improve the quality of Action Against Hunger program.
Objective 3: Finance, Administration, Logistics and HR (15%)
- Ensuring autonomous monthly budget follow up of the projects and forecast.
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services for the program, in close coordination with Logistics and Admin Departments.
- Ensure an enabling cooperation between the WASH development and humanitarian team as well as support departments (Admin, Log, HR).
Objective 4: External representation (10%)
- Participate on stakeholders’ meeting related to the WASH Sector, both at base and capital level.
- Represent Action Against Hunger in working groups, for a discussion and Inter-agency WASH coordination meetings when required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the South Lebanon Water Establishment to ensure continued engagement on sustainable development and infrastructure project implementation.
- Participate on working groups and coordination meetings related to the Consortia structure where ACF is part of.
Objective 5: To manage and develop the capacity of the WASH team (20%)
- Assess the needs and strengths of each team member and identify capacity-building priorities for each as part of AAH’s normal staff appraisal process.
- Supervise and build the capacities of the WASH team.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback sessions, providing adequate updates on progress against development plan and new objectives.
- Support staff in building capacity in relation to Financial, Logistical & HR processes, and in external relations with stakeholders.
Objective 6: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support ACF’s emergency interventions in the South, in collaboration with the rest of the Departments and the emergency team.
- Support in identified new humanitarian needs that might arise in the coming months, based on the evolution of the Lebanese context, focusing particularly on a multi-sectoral approach.
- Support on providing building the capacity of the existing WASH teams to be able to respond to humanitarian needs and gaps when needed.
Objective 7: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related issue or non-compliance with the security plan.
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA)
Esta descripción encaja contigo?
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or Environmental Sciences.
Technical specific knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in water supply & construction of WASH infrastructure.
- Significant understanding and experience with project budgets and financial management
- Good context analysis skills, previous experience in similar position of at least 3 years in intermediate management positions in the humanitarian field.
- Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication skills.
- Experience in representation/external coordination.
- Experience working in integrated programmes.
- Good understanding of the country context, and good analysis skills.
- Good analytical skills and the capability to work in a precise, structured, and detailed manner.
- Must have good drafting and verbal communications skills, development of monitoring tools.
- Experience in building the capacity of staff and manage large teams.
- Expertise in Water, Wastewater, Hygiene intervention.
- Programmatic experience in Emergency Response and Protection approach.
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Good knowledge of INGOs and donor agency procedures, guidelines and intervention in the country as well as coordination with SLWE.
Action Against the Hunger knowledge:
Experience is considered anasset
English and Arabic (compulsory working language, spoken, read, and written).
IT and specific systems:
Strong computer skills in Office environment and data management
Mobility (national/ international)
Based in Tyre with occasional travels to Beirut and frequent presence in the field.
Nuestro paquete retributivo:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Based in: Tyre
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Salary: according to ACF salary scale and according to the candidate’s previous experience (following the standard list of Action Against Hunger).
- LBP 24,000 daily transportation allowance on working days
- Social security registration and NSSF family allowance if eligible
- Complementary health insurance for you and your dependents
- Work accident insurance
- Life insurance (after 3 months of contract)
- School allowance for your children if eligible as per the official decrees (paid each year in October)
- 1.5 days of paid holidays per month
- Approx. 18 days per year of public holidays
Acción contra el Hambre se compromete a prevenir cualquier tipo de comportamiento no deseado en el trabajo, incluyendo el acoso sexual, la explotación y el abuso sexual, la falta de integridad y /o mala praxis financiera; Esperamos que todo nuestro personal y los voluntarios compartan este compromiso a y compartan nuestro código de conducta y otras políticas relacionadas ya que sólo aquellos que compartan nuestros valores y código de conducta serán reclutados para trabajar para nosotros.