Australia nationals: Senior Project Officer
Occupational group Primary Industry & Environment
Job ad reference QLD/295406/18
Yearly salary $93895 - $100287
Fortnightly salary $3599.00 - $3844.00
Contact person Jim Weller
Contact details Ph: (07) 45291397
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Manage and coordinate the operations of a team delivering water management, water dealing and compliance activities for the Toowoomba Centre
- Communicate, consult and negotiate with internal and external clients in the delivery of water management initiatives including metering and compliance activities, and develop options and approaches for the resolution of contentious issues
- Interpret and apply legislation, specifically the Water Act 2000 and Planning Act 2016 and subordinate legislation, regulations and policy, to achieve compliance, water management, and planning outcomes
- Provide timely and accurate advice on project actions, and for the preparation of complex briefs, reports and other correspondence
- Oversight team outputs, including reports and correspondence to ensure quality outcomes, sound conclusions and consistent application of water management policy and legislation
- Review water policy and planning proposals, identify risks and provide recommendations to support the implementation of regional business priorities with particular emphasis on the delivery of compliance and auditing in the Queensland Murray Darling Basin
- Represent the department in a range of community and water user forums.
- A current ‘C' class driver's licence and be willing to obtain a manual licence if necessary;
- Overnight travel may be required to fulfil this role.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- working-for-dnrme (PDF, 272KB)
- 295406 18 Role Profile (Word, 104KB)