Vancouver, BC; Whitehorse, YT; Saskatoon, SK; Remote – Full-Time Permanent
Ensero Solutions is an environmental consulting and remediation business with specific expertise in environmental assessments, active/passive water treatment, microbiological testing, radiological services, and turnkey remediation services for the mining industry and broader industrial sectors. At Ensero, we get the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment and people’s lives. We’re building a culture where people can grow their careers and are challenged to solve our client’s toughest environmental problems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Senior Hydrogeologist is responsible for providing technical input/services in their area of expertise and directing the collection, management, and interpretation of hydrogeological data for remediation, reclamation, permitting or resource development projects.
- Provide senior hydrogeological technical input to projects throughout Ensero.
- Technical communications, including report writing and reviewing.
- Conduct, interpret and report on hydrogeological and ground water studies.
- Interfacing and communication with Operations Managers on scheduling and resource requirements within the different groups of the Company.
- Monitor and promote environmental health and worker safety.
- Scope and lead (as needed) field work on hydrogeological and geotechnical programs including monitoring, supervision of borehole drilling and monitoring well installation.
- Ability to select and apply specialized field testing and monitoring techniques.
- Development of groundwater conceptual models, hydrogeological input to studies.
- Factual and interpretive reporting of field data and site conditions.
- Develop and coordinate project specific work plans and lead in proposal development.
- Interface with other technical experts to achieve multidisciplinary project goals.
- Interact and liaise with clients and assessors/government regulators.
- Lead special projects that support the broad-based needs of a rapidly expanding company.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and professional development opportunities for hydrogeologists throughout Ensero.
- All other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, or a related field.
- Master’s or postgraduate degree in hydrogeology.
- Geo designation considered an asset.
- 10+ years of related work experience in consulting practice or mining industry, with demonstrable academic or job experience in hydrogeologic data collection and analysis.
- Experience building complex conceptual models for surface and groundwater flow and contaminant transport for use in strategic decision making.
- Excellent communication and technical report writing skills; and
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
To apply, please apply through our online job portal at www.ensero.com/careers.