PhD position to work in a DST funded project: Sustainable urban water management. This is a collaborative project with BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad and Aligarh Muslim University.
- Assessment of urban water infrastructure for sustainable water services to meet the demands for water supply system (quality and quantity of drinking water), sewage system, and storm water drainage system.
- Design the infrastructure’s capacity considering the stress from climate change.
- Integration of opinions and solutions from stakeholders for Infrastructure projects planning, design, construction, and management using life cycle assessment.
- Case study Cities: Madurai, Jaipur and Visakhapatnam
- BE/BTech in Civil Engineering and ME/MTech in Water Resources Engineering / Environmental Engineering /Other relevant disciplines.
- Two years of research experience in water supply / urban water infrastructure / water quality modelling and analysis / water resources systems analysis or other relevant areas is desirable.
- Experience in Programming, GIS, and hydrologic modelling skills are preferred.
- GATE qualified candidates are preferred.
- The research scholar should be willing to work collaboratively with other scholars working in this project at collaborating institutions.
- Willing to travel to case study cities and collaborating institutions for field work and to attend meetings.
- Rs 31,000 + 16% HRA per month for the first two years
- Rs 35,000 + 16% HRA per month from 3rd year onwards.
Duration: 3 Years (One year extension is possible based on the performance and availability of funds).
Location: Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore Campus
Send your applications to:
Dr B Soundharajan, [email protected]