PhD position to work in a Swedish Research Council funded project: Impacts of recent El-Niño on the Water-Food-Energy Nexus in South. This is a collaborative project with Uppsala University, Sweden and IIT Roorkee, India. The PhD research scholar can visit Uppsala University for 3 months under student exchange.
- Identification and characterization of El-Niño caused drought conditions based on hydro-climatic analysis.
- Hydrological modelling of River basins.
- Performance assessment of reservoirs during El-Niño events.
- Impact of El-Niño on Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Case studies: Godavari and Beas River basins
- BE/BTech in Civil Engineering / Agricultural Engineering and ME/MTech in Water Resources Engineering / Hydrology / Integrated Water Resources Management / Other relevant disciplines.
- Desirable Qualification:
- Research experience in any one or more of the following areas is desirable: Hydrological Modelling, Reservoir Operation, Crop Simulation modelling, GIS and Remote Sensing.
- Experience in Programming, hydrologic modelling (preferably SWAT), GIS skills are highly preferred.
- Knowledge about Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- The research scholar should be willing to work collaboratively with other scholars working in this project at collaborating institutions.
- Willing to travel to case study river basins and collaborating institutions for field work and to attend meetings.
- Rs 31,000 + 16% HRA per month for the first two years
- Rs 35,000 + 16% HRA per month from 3rd year onwards.
Duration: 3 Years
Send the applications to: [email protected]