About the US Water Alliance
Founded in 2008, the US Water Alliance advances policies and programs that build a sustainable water future for all. Our members and partners include water utilities, public officials, community leaders, environmental organizations, business leaders, agricultural interests, community leaders, policy organizations, and more. A nationally recognized nonprofit organization, the US Water Alliance brings together diverse interests to identify and advance common-ground, achievable solutions to our nation’s most pressing water challenges. We:
- Educate the nation about the true value of water and the need for investment in water systems. Our innovative approaches to building public and political will, best-in-class communications tools, high-impact events, media coverage, and publications are educating and inspiring the nation about how water is essential and in need of investment.
- Accelerate the adoption of One Water policies and programs that effectively manage water resources and advance a better quality of life for all. As an honest broker and action catalyst, we convene diverse interests to identify and advance practical, achievable solutions to our nation’s most pressing water challenges. We do this through our strategic initiatives and our One Water Hub, which offer high-quality opportunities for knowledge building and peer exchange. We develop forward-looking and inclusive water policies and programs, and we build coalitions that will change the face of water management for decades to come.
- Celebrate what works in innovative water management. We shine a light on groundbreaking work through storytelling, analysis of successful approaches, and special recognition programs that demonstrate how water leaders are building stronger communities and a stronger America.
The US Water Alliance has office space in Oakland, CA and Washington, DC, as well as key staff located across the United States. For more information, please visit our website at: www.uswateralliance.org
Program Overview: An Equitable Water Future
Water can be a force for equity and opportunity, yet the reality is that water challenges disproportionately affect the most historically marginalized communities in America. Since the Alliance’s release of An Equitable Water Future and work with a seven-city Water Equity Taskforce, we are committed to spreading and scaling equitable approaches to water management across the country through the newly established Water Equity Network and other efforts. The US Water Alliance is looking for an Associate o provide administrative support for the Water Equity Network and other programs on an as-needed basis.
Reporting to the Equitable Water Future Senior Program Manager, this position will be responsible for all administrative and logistical support for the growing, national Water Equity Network. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, a strong collaborator, and a skilled writer. They are detail-oriented, organized, and responsive. The ideal candidate has excellent inter-personal skills, a deep interest in project management, and a background in helping teams accomplish shared goals. The ideal candidate is comfortable using Microsoft Office to build PowerPoints, synthesize information, and analyze demographic data. They are committed to providing high quality administrative support and ensuring program deliverables and efforts are polished and successful. The Program Associate will be team-oriented, flexible, able to meet deadlines, and dedicated to the mission of the US Water Alliance.
The core functions of this role, include, but are not limited to:
- Provide logistical and administrative support for all activities of the Water Equity Network as well as other program areas, as assigned.
- Update and operate relationships management infrastructure.
- Schedule, attend, and take notes at key meetings (e.g., network onboarding, institutes, convenings, and monthly office hours).
- Provide event logistics support in partnership with both program and operations staff. This is needed for both virtual and future in-person meetings (e.g., virtual facilitation, vetting venues and vendors, supporting partners with travel and lodging coordination).
- Collect and synthesize content for all Water Equity Network communications.
- Draft communications to key stakeholders, such as presentations, blogs, emails, agendas, or other resources as requested.
- Provide high quality member engagement when interacting with any Alliance member or partner.
- Provide research and data collection support as directed.
- Support Water Equity Network staff on project logistics.
- At least one year of work experience in the water sector or related field.
- Essential competencies include proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to manage and analyze demographic data.
- Experience coordinating multiple, concurrent workstreams, for example: the network sometimes develops several events simultaneously (in-person and virtually).
- Experience with or willingness to learn website content management and relationship management platforms such as Salesforce.
- Experience with or willingness to learn virtual meeting technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Go-to Webinar, etc.
- Experience with or willingness to learn virtual facilitation technologies such as MURAL or Miro.
- Strong follow-through, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn.
- Integrity, positive attitude, and passion, for the Alliance’s mission, vision, and values.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; competency interfacing with members and partners from diverse backgrounds and persuasions in a responsive, professional, and courteous manner.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel.
Salary is based upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications, in line with the organization’s budget. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision, and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan. This is a three-year grant funded position, after which the candidate may be considered for full-time employment, based upon the organization’s budget and need.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected]. Please include “Program Associate Application: Water Equity” in the subject line of your email.
The US Water Alliance is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and a welcoming workplace.