We are recruiting a Research & Program Manager as a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana. This position will require international travel within sub-Saharan Africa and will report to Aquaya’s Director of Research & Programs. The Research & Program Manager will be responsible for managing research activities, including
- Develop data collection tools and research protocols
- Write literature reviews and research briefs
- Manage project budgets and timelines
- Manage datasets and conduct basic statistical analysis
- Contribute to publications, reports and dissemination materials
The Research & Program Manager will contribute to Aquaya’s new initiatives:
- Rural Evidence and Learning for Water (REAL Water) Program. Funded by USAID and led by Aquaya, the REAL Water program will evaluate strategies for expanding access to safe, equitable, and sustainable rural water across the developing world. The REAL Water program will conduct research on three primary topics:
- Professionalization of rural water service delivery
- Strengthening of water quality monitoring in rural areas
- Improved planning for water resources
- Urban Resilience by Building partnerships and Applying New evidence in WASH (URBAN WASH) Program. Funded by USAID and led by Tetra Tech, the URBAN WASH program will generate and promote evidence for more sustainable, equitable, and climate-resilient WASH and water resources management (WRM) policy and programming in urban and peri-urban areas. The URBAN WASH program will conduct research on three primary topics
- Institutional frameworks for city-wide access to safe water and sanitation
- Water safety management among small-scale providers
- Targeted subsidies for water and sanitation
- Criteria for the position
The following qualifications are necessary for this position:
- Master’s degree – preferably in engineering, science, environmental science, or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience OR PhD in related field.
- Demonstrated technical experience in water engineering (drinking water treatment and/or drinking water supply) or related field.
- Previous international work experience in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to conduct quantitative data analysis in Excel, R, or Stata.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to living in Ghana on a full-time basis.
- Fluency in English.
We are also looking for the following skills and attributes:
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to delivery.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills, with an attention to detail and an ability to establish systems to manage constant flows of information and deliver on deadlines.
- Proven ability to work closely with a small team and to successfully manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a positive and productive attitude and a good sense of humor!