Research Assistant (Evaluation of UNDP programming for disaster resilience and climate change)
The Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is undertaking an evaluation of UNDP programming for disaster resilience and climate change. The evaluation is part of the IEO workplan (CP/2018/4), approved by the Executive Board in January 2018.
IEO last considered UNDP support to disaster risk reduction and recovery in 2010, and UNDP has since then restructured and expanded its disaster risk reduction and climate resilience support. The focus of the evaluation will be on UNDP support to countries that are especially vulnerable to climate shocks, including small island developing states.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant (RA) will carry out desk review and analysis to support the assessment of UNDP performance in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction as considered through the implementation of global, regional and country-level programming. Broadly, the type of activities the consultant may be assigned includes:
- Conducting desk reviews pertaining to conceptual, programmatic and financial activity of relevant UNDP work in the evaluation’s scope;
- Coding and analyzing a set of UNDP independent and decentralized evaluation reports;
- Collecting and analyzing other pertinent qualitative and quantitative information;
- Supporting interviews at UNDP headquarters, including logistics and organizations;
- Providing research analysis of country-specific information related to development challenges, national policies and strategies, donor activity, and other salient issues; and
- Performing additional research support as required to the evaluation team.
The data collection, analysis and written inputs by the consultants will take place during 1/18 – 6/19.