Michigan, USA. Office location may be flexible within any Great Lakes state.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
Although you’ll see requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
All TNC staff based in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of receiving one of the vaccines approved in the U.S. (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) shall be condition of employment and must be provided prior to starting work. TNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and reasonable accommodations for candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason will be considered.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Great Lakes Program Coordinator is a proactive convener and collaborator with great attention to detail and timely communication skills. They anticipate program gaps and opportunities and share those with colleagues, helping solve problems and nurturing an effective and ambitious team culture. They will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of Great Lakes programs and teams by developing and implementing tactics for approved plans and completing and organizing multiple tasks and activities. They will maintain, track, and report on key data related to the scope and priorities of the functional activity. The Program Coordinator must quickly build advanced knowledge of the systems and resources utilized by TNC and the team in order to provide programmatic support and coordinate communications related to the resources. They will complete activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines and managing the timeline of the overall program. They will provide guidance in satisfying requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. They will adapt processes and implement recommended practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Program Coordinator will take on additional duties to enhance the work of the team, including, but not limited to, developing documentation, providing recommendations and targeted training related to the functional area of the team, and/or enhancing the systems and tools used by the team. They may coordinate logistics for organizational wide meetings and/or special events. They will create program materials and perform analysis and research related to program activities. They will coordinate with stakeholders for program success and may serve as the lead liaison with partners or vendors. The Program Coordinator will communicate with staff in various programs across the Conservancy, as well as with donors, volunteers, vendors, and business relations. They will keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to improve services. The salary range for this position begins at $55,000, and is dependent on both experience and the location of the selected candidate.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience, referring difficult questions and unusual problems to the Program Director and/or Program Sponsor
- Help coordinate projects with several variables, working within a defined timeline and budget;
- Help ensure individual workstreams are moving forward according to timeline and budget, properly documented, and teams feel adequately supported, prepared, informed and coordinated on project plans and progress.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information;
- Perform non-routine analysis, research and follow-through;
- Ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements;
- Financial responsibility includes processing invoices, developing contracts, and assisting with budget preparation.
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when instructed;
- Serve as a liaison to Division and State chapter marketing and development staff to help with internal and external communications and fundraising
- Provide input to project teams for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing programs;
- May supervise administrative and volunteer staff or interns, including training and professional development
- Travel and work flexible hours as needed;
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain;
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years related experience or equivalent combination;
- Experience generating reports and analyzing and interpreting the data;
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
- Experience with business process analysis and/or improvement;
- Experience with current technology in relevant field; and
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
- Ability to implement complex processes;
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results;
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate staff;
- Experience coordinating projects;
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results;
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field;
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks; and/or
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including; health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan including employer match, accrued paid time off (including annual, personal, and sick leave), life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work wellness benefits. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions. Learn more about our benefits at nature.org/careers. We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellness, and flexibility needs of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 50625, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, December 10th, 2021. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact [email protected].
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to [email protected] with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.