Required Qualifications (as demonstrated by attached resume):
Bachelor’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Full time directly related project management experience. Experience in a supervisory capacity. Experience writing and managing grants. Proficiency work Microsoft Office suite. Experience with data management.
Master’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in environmental science, biology, ecology, marine sciences, oceanography, environmental management, environmental education/outreach, or a related field. Four (4) years of full time directly related project management experience. Two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity. Knowledge of ArcGIS, R Studio, and WordPress. Experience with budget development and managing expenditures.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Program Manager will conduct activities associated with the Peconic Estuary Partnership (PEP) and will be the main point of contact for Suffolk County’s programs as they relate to PEP. Will develop an understanding of PEP and Suffolk County, organizations, and policies, and be able to work effectively with state, county, and federal stakeholders at all levels. The incumbent will have a high level of technical skill related to water sciences and must demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and be able to work independently, as well as part of a team. They will have exceptional record keeping and organization skills.
The Program Manager’s responsibilities will include the following:
Water Quality Programs Management
- Coordinate and report on the Conservation Comprehensive Management Plan (CCMP) and other projects associated with water quality, to include land acquisitions for aquifer protection, rain garden and nature-based stormwater management projects, public complaints regarding water quality issues in the Peconic Estuary and its watershed.
- Chair the Water Quality Monitoring Collaborative.
- Represent PEP at conferences and meetings; Serve as the voice of PEP with all water quality related reporting.
- Lead data management on annual Water Quality Report R-based data analysis, and report production and dissemination.
Suffolk County Coordination
- Manages all PEP projects and programs that use the PEP EPA Funds awarded to Suffolk County, including the National Atmospheric Deposition Program and Submerged Aquatic Vegetation annual monitoring.
- Manages and facilitates all necessary Suffolk County parties for all projects whose funds are used to match the PEP EPA NEP federal award.
- Serve as Suffolk County liaison; build partnerships with Suffolk County Division of Planning and Division of Health, Parks Department, and Public Works regarding projects relating to the Peconic Estuary watershed.
- Assist PEP Director in researching and drafting policy advice and public comments on proposed regulations.
- Assist with annual alewife monitoring and training events.
- Submit quarterly, monthly and weekly reports.
- Provide support for committee meetings by assisting in the development of the agenda, scheduling meetings and meeting minutes.
Other duties as assigned.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Evening work may be required at times.
The Federal Government’s Executive Order 14042, requires federal contractors, federal subcontractors, and employees of federal contractors to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination mandate, along with other safeguards. This Executive Order applies to the Research Foundation for SUNY, a covered contractor, and its employees. This includes all Research Foundation employees at Stony Brook University, whether they are full time, part time or working remotely. Upon acceptance of a conditional job offer candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of a conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses required in accordance with the vaccine protocol. Only exemption requests for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
Job Number: 2103883
Official Job Title: Project Staff Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences
Schedule: Full-time Shift :Variable Shift Hours: Primarily daytime with required meetings some evenings
Posting Start Date: Nov 8, 2021
Posting End Date: Dec 9, 2021, 7:59:00 AM
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the range of $65,000-$80,000
Appointment Type: Regular
Salary Grade: E99