KennzifferDR/158/21Kategorie(n)Wissenschaftliches PersonalAnzahl der Stellen1Einsatzort
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences – Geography DepartmentBewerbung bis08.12.21Text
Area of responsibility:
- an interdisciplinary research project on the impacts of climate change in Berlin and Brandenburg
- the analysis of atmospheric data with machine learning methods on drought risks in urban, forest and agricultural landscapes
- completed PhD and professional background in physical geography, climatology, meteorology, or related fields
- excellent programming experience and experience working with large data sets, scientific high-performance computing, and experience applying non-linear machine learning techniques to atmospheric research
- an appropriate career track record of scientific publications in international peer-reviewed scientific journals and an internationally focused scientific profile
- excellent proficiency in English, both written and oral
- teamwork skills, communication agility
- experience in the scientific supervision of undergraduate or graduate students
Please send your application (with cover letter, CV, relevant certificates, publication and project directory, representation of the research profile, three publications with relevance for the position and naming of three researchers as possible references), quoting the reference number DR/158/21 to HumboldtUniversität zu Berlin, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Geography Department (loc. Rudower Chaussee 16) Prof. Dr. Tobias Sauter, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin or preferably by E-Mail to [email protected]. Email attachments must not exceed a total volume of 10 MB.
HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Researchers from abroad are welcome to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please visit our website www.hu-berlin.de/stellenangebote, which gives you access to the legally binding German version.