SELECTION FOR CONSULTANTS BY THE WORLD BANK GROUP
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Electronic Submissions through World Bank Group eConsultant2
Assignment Title: 1277325 – Water Resource Management Options – Orinoquia
The World Bank / BioCarbon Fund Initiative for Sustainable Forest Landscapes Program is supporting low-emissions land use and sustainable agricultural development in the Orinoquía Region of Colombia. Within this framework, the World Bank is supporting analytical work that aims to support the generation, validation, and sharing of knowledge about effective approaches for promoting the emergence of climate-smart agricultural supply chains. This assignment focuses on identifying and evaluating potential pathways for enhancing water resilience in the Orinoquia region. We are seeking a firm or consortium to perform hydrologic and water system modeling based on local objectives and constraints garnered through stakeholder engagement, prepare a diagnosis of key water challenges affecting agriculture value chains, appraise portfolios of possible interventions to improve water use efficiency, and prioritize options to achieve water resilience in agriculture in the region
The World Bank Group intends to finance the assignment / services described below under the following:
– BANK BUDGET
– Climate Smart Agricultural Supply Chains
Eligibility restrictions apply:
None – Please see required / desired firm criteria (below).
INDIVIDUAL / FIRM PROFILE
The consultant will be a firm.
The World Bank Group now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. for firms; CV and cover letter for individuals). Please note that the total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted, in English, electronically through World Bank Group eConsultant2 (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html)
Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding.
Only those firms which have been shortlisted will receive notification. No debrief will be provided to firms which have not been shortlisted.
If you encounter technical difficulties while uploading documents, please send an e-mail to the Help Desk at [email protected] Attachments
- 1. Cutting-edge expertise in hydro-economic modeling, human-hydrologic system modeling, strategic planning for water resource planning and management, climate change risk assessment, natural resource risk management, land use modeling and quantitative spatial data analysis and modeling
- 2. Deep knowledge of Colombian agriculture including familiarity with locally relevant irrigation technologies and nature-based solutions.
- 3. Experience working in Colombia (preferably in the Orinoquía region) with public, private, and civil society partners and stakeholders.
- 4. Extensive experience managing complex projects, with a well-documented track record of delivering innovative and technically solid products on time and to a high standard of quality.