management4health (m4h) is a network of health professionals founded in 2013, meanwhile a rapidly growing consultancy firm in the international health development sector. Our areas of competency include Health Systems Development, Health Services, Health Facilities and Digital Health Information & Research. Our key clients include the German Development Cooperation (KfW and GIZ), the EU, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, national Ministries, foundations as well as private clients. The projects we implement for our Clients span across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. For more information see https://m4health.pro/
To respond to a growing number, intensity, and duration of international crisis worldwide the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is gradually expanding the number and scope of projects implemented through the KfW Development Bank (KfW) in fragile settings and countries of origin and transit of refugees. To mobilize consultants’ expertise more easily in the future and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of required expert input for the preparation of upcoming projects the KfW engaged a Panel of Pre-qualified Consultants, including the m4h-lead Consortium of 5 specialist international development consulting companies (The Consortium includes Luvent Consulting GmbH, SWECO GmbH, Groupe Cayambe SARL, HYDROPHIL GmbH and management4health GmbH).
Within the scope of the Framework Contract- Fragile Context, our role will be to respond rapidly with adequate expertise of international and national experts to future calls for services in fragile states. These services will include Pre-feasibility Studies, Services related to Environmental and Social Safeguards and Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), Analysis of the Project Executing Agency (PEA), Peace and Conflict Analysis (PCA), Analysis of Target Groups and Project Affected People (ATG) in 6 target sectors: water, energy, transport, health, education, peacebuilding/crisis prevention/promotion of social coherence.
It is against this background that we seek qualified national and international consultants as Senior Experts to collaborate with us on upcoming Pre-Feasibility Studies (Pre-FS) in selected fragile context.
The objective of the Pre-FS will be the elaboration of an adequate analysis of the relevant framework conditions and development of a concept (options) for a new project within the scope of the German Financial Cooperation (FC) in one of the priority sectors listed below. The tasks of the expert will be to assess the framework conditions and develop a concept (options) for a new project in line with FC standards and guidelines. The assessment shall include:
- A detailed analysis of the respective (sub-)sector framework and policies
- An in-depth analysis of relevant public and private actors and donors and their institutional setup,
- A needs assessment of the potential target group,
- Possible implementation modalities,
- Identification and brief conceptualization of potential activities of the
- new project, and reflections on relevance, efficiency, impact, sustainability, risks and “Do
- No Harm” approach etc.
- At least 10 years of postgraduate professional experience in one of the below-mentioned sectors.
- Proven expertise and experience in formulating high level strategic recommendations in his/her sector expertise based on research, market analysis and multi-stakeholder consultations.
- Proven experience of carrying out stakeholder consultations and strong network with state/non-state actors in one (or more) of the countries listed below.
- At least 10 years of experience and track record in consulting work: (1) Qualitative: conducting and recording in-depth interviews, focus groups, developing questionnaires, analysis and formulating recommendations and (2) Quantitative work on pre-feasibility studies of similar nature.
- Willingness to travel to country of assignment
- Fluency in English and/or French depending on the country of assignment
- Published high quality reports related to the mentioned topics will be an advantage.
- Prior experience in the delivery of pre-feasibility studies, preferably for clients such as the KFW, World Bank, ADB etc.
Higher academic degree (masters or higher) relevant to the sector in which the Pre-FS will be conducted.
Expertise in one of the following sectors:
- water, energy, transport, health, education, peacebuilding/crisis prevention/promotion of social coherence
Geographic expertise: in one (or more) of the following countries:
- Middle East, Afghanistan & Pakistan: Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Yemen
- Africa – Francophone countries: Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, DR Congo, Guinea, Mali, Niger
- Africa – anglophone countries: ECOWAS (as an institution), Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV to [email protected] quoting the above-mentioned “Call for National and International ESDD – Fragile Context” in a subject line.
To be able to contact you swiftly for this and other suitable opportunities we will store your CV and personal data on our Expert Roster, which is only accessible to limited number of staff. By replying to this Call for Experts you declare your consent for your data to be used for the project development related activities and for as long as it serves the purpose for which it was collected. You may also at any time request the restriction of the use or processing of your personal data (Art. 18 and 19 EU GDPR), request the transmission of your personal data to third parties (§ 20 EU GDPR), or object to the use of your personal data (§ 21 EU GDPR). If you want to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]