- Principal Floodplain Officer role
- Full-time ongoing role based in Coffs Harbour, Alstonville or other location by negotiation within the north east region (part-time or job-share may be considered)
- Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $117,684 to $127,185 + super
The Water, Floodplains and Coast team (North East) is currently seeking to appoint a Principal Floodplain Officer to lead in the delivery of the NSW Government’s Floodplain Management Program. In this role, you will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team that provides expert technical support services to local councils and other government agencies on flood risk understanding and management.
This role will suit someone who:
- Is motivated to solve complex problems and achieve goals in a high workload environment.
- Is comfortable operating as part of a multi-disciplinary team whilst independently providing high quality accurate and timely advice.
- Is skilled in communicating and negotiating flood risk and environmental outcomes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Enjoys developing and sharing their expertise to deliver policy and program outcomes that improve community resilience to the impacts of flooding.
- Has strong project management skills and effective at managing competing priorities.
- Is prepared to travel throughout the North East Region of NSW, including occasional over-night stays.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior flood environmental water engineer to join a dedicated team and be a key contributor in the delivery of the NSW Flood Risk Management Program in North East NSW. Post-graduate qualifications and or experience in land-use planning, river rehabilitation or coastal management would be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil/Environmental Engineering (or equivalent) and eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- Sound knowledge of flood risk assessment methods and floodplain management strategies
- Sound knowledge of the Government’s Flood Prone Land Policy, Floodplain Development Manual and related guidelines and legislation
- Understanding of hydrological and hydraulic modelling
- Current Australian Driver’s License (Class C)
For more information read the full Role Description: Principal Floodplain Officer
For more information hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
We offer professional and career development opportunities.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday 5 December 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Ben Fitzgibbon via [email protected] or on 0419 193 282.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.