- Get the balance right – flexible working options available
- Are you passionate about strategy and community and stakeholder engagement?
- Support the sustainable delivery of an essential service to the Lower Hunter community
We are seeking a Program Lead Sustainable Wastewater to join our Strategy and Engagement Division.
At Hunter Water our Values define who we are as an organisation and how we behave. We strive to live these Values and it is shown in the work we do and the way in which we interact with each other. Please click here to learn more about Hunter Water’s Values.
At Hunter Water we fundamentally believe in and commit to diversity and inclusion. We value an individual’s unique capabilities, backgrounds, experiences and characteristics. We rely on these diverse perspectives to drive innovation and collaboration, to deliver the best outcome for our customers and communities.
It is this diversity of perspectives that will enable Hunter Water to meet the challenges of the future. We strive to create an inclusive environment where there is genuine equality of opportunity regardless of people’s gender, age, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status. We encourage you to apply and welcome all applications.
We are embarking on a new strategic direction to build a more innovative, collaborative and resilient organisation that is a thought leader in developing a sustainable water and wastewater future. Please click here to learn more about Hunter Water’s Towards 2024 strategy.
At Hunter Water we offer a range of employee benefits. For this position, these will include, but are not limited to:
- A range of additional leave benefits – including additional Public Holidays, Community Service Leave, paid Parental Leave.
- Health & Wellbeing benefits – including Fitness Passport, access to discounted health fund & health services and Employee Assistance Program
- 35 hour working week
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Base salary within Band 3 (Hunter Water Corporation Engineers and Scientists (APESMA) Enterprise Agreement 2021) plus Superannuation; or Band 7 (Hunter Water Corporate Employees Enterprise Agreement 2021)
As the Program Lead Sustainable Wastewater, you will lead complex strategy and policy projects, and provide high-quality advice to the Executive and the Board of Directors on current and emerging wastewater and integrated water management (WM) issues that may affect Hunter Water. You will also lead and coordinate consultation with internal stakeholders, community, as well as regional, government and industry stakeholders to enhance wastewater outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the development and delivery of wastewater and IWM strategic planning and policy projects.
- Critically analyse data, reports and submissions to prepare high-quality written advice in various forms to support the Executive and Board.
- Work with stakeholders to identify shared goals and improve the enabling regulatory and policy environment for wastewater and IWM outcomes.
- Consult with customers and the community and incorporate their views into decision making.
- Coordinate internal stakeholders and work with external stakeholders to identify opportunity for shared value proposition.
- Lead the development of evidence-based policy and strategic planning initiatives and projects including community and stakeholder consultation, management of consultants and other service providers to provide strategic analysis and recommendations.
- Deal with a diverse range of complex policy and strategy matters, regulation and highly conceptual issues related to water and wastewater service provision and IWM in order to recommend practical solutions.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Model Hunter Water values – Leading, Learning, Wellbeing, Trust, Inclusion
- Tertiary qualifications in policy, law, social science, engineering, economics, or public sector administration, or equivalent, relevant professional experience and training.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in complex analysis and either strategic planning or policy development.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in strategic planning, complex analysis, regulatory review and policy development, and managing activities associated with water service provision and water resource planning.
- Sound experience in undertaking aspects of policy and strategic planning process – including research, consultation, development, implementation, review and evaluation.
- Sound knowledge of the processes for the planning and/or delivery of water and wastewater services, water resource management, land use planning, or the principles of integrated water cycle management.
- Commercial awareness.
To be considered for this position applicants must submit a cover letter outlining why they are interested in this position and provide a current resume.
To obtain the position description please click here.
Application closing date : 21 November 2021. Interested? Apply Now!
Employment with Hunter Water Corporation may be subject to pre-employment functional assessment, drug and alcohol testing and psychometric assessment for preferred external applicants.