- Ongoing or Non-ongoing opportunity
- $79,400 – $99,295
- Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith or Mildura
The Business Services Portfolio is seeking an APS5/APS6 Legal Officer for an ongoing or non-ongoing opportunity.
The Business Services Portfolio runs the business of the MDBA providing strategic and support services including financial management; procurement and planning; advice on people and culture; legal, parliamentary and secretariat services; governance, risk and audit advice; management of data and remote sensing; and information and technology.
The Legal and Parliamentary Services team sits within the Business Services Portfolio. This team is responsible for the provision of legal advice and assistance, the coordination of Parliamentary processes, the management of Freedom of Information requests and Privacy issues across the MDBA.
There is a vacancy for a junior lawyer with an interest or expertise in government legal practice, information and privacy law. Past experience or expertise might include:
• administrative law/ statutory interpretation;
• water/ natural resources law;
• information law and privacy; and/ or
• Commonwealth procurement and funding.
The successful candidate will work closely with officials across the agency, and more broadly across government, in developing their expertise and supporting the agency’s implementation of privacy and freedom of information obligations. This is an opportunity to work in a close-knit agency, on interesting issues and with a great team.
The key duties, skills and attributes for this role are:
• Ability to provide timely, accurate and client-focused legal advice.
• Ability to support the agency’s implementation of freedom of information and privacy
• Awareness of the legal and accountability frameworks within which the Commonwealth
• Support the delivery of legal services through external legal service providers.
• Deliver in-house training on legal matters, as required.
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Kelly Casey ([email protected] or 02 6279 0700).
How to apply: