• 4x fixed term, full time positions (37.5 hours per week)
• ACLEA | $67k-$91k plus 10% employer superannuation contributions
• Salary Packaging opportunities
• Ref: 118760/118879/118866/118751
At Murdoch, we pride ourselves on our diverse and vibrant workplace. We are committed to the recruitment and development of skilled and passionate people, who want to make a difference to the world around them. With more than 23,000 students and 1,700 staff across three campuses in the Perth area as well as centres in Singapore and Dubai, Murdoch has an ambitious agenda both locally and internationally.
The Harry Butler Institute is one of three research Institutes at Murdoch University, delivering practical solutions that balance sustainability principles with economic growth.
About the Roles
The fellowships will focus on large-scale environmental challenges that can be addressed, at least to some degree, through the synthesis and transformation of existing data and knowledge. The successful candidates will be expected to engage with both natural resource managers and the research community, to inform environmental policy and procedure.
Topics for 2021 HBI Challenge Fellowships:
- Carbon farming (marine or terrestrial, natural or engineered)
- Climate change impacts (e.g. wildfire, drought, marine heat waves) on biodiversity
- Liveable cities and urban ecology
- Anthropogenic habitats for conservation
- Sustainability of remote communities
What you’ll bring to the role
- A postgraduate qualification with a combination of experience in an area relevant to appointment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated statistical and data management abilities, e.g familiarity with R, experience in meta-analyses
- High levels of written and oral communication skills in English
What you’ll get in return
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team, work in an innovative and collaborative university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch. Our people enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic
Please apply by submitting the documents below:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
- A 1 – 2 page discussion paper around why you believe you have the skills and interest in addressing this challenge, for example:
- The problem as you see it, including novelty of your approach.
- Who you would anticipate working with (the research team at Murdoch University and potential stakeholder groups). We recommend that you contact the staff member(s) who will be your key collaborator(s) for this project.
- Potential datasets that will be analysed as part of the project.
- Anticipated research outputs and impacts (e.g. policy change, research strategy).
- Identification of additional co-funding opportunities.
Please visit the Murdoch Careers Page to view the position description and to apply for this role. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Position contacts: Simon McKirdy, PVC Harry Butler Institute for Sustainability, at [email protected]
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: Friday 26 November 2021 (8:59PM AWST)
The University reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Are you a current employee of Murdoch University?