Malteser International has set itself the goal of being able to provide rapid and comprehensive humanitarian aid to those affected by natural and man-made disasters around the world. For this purpose, we have set up a Pool of Experts with well-trained and experienced relief workers which are regularly deployed to crisis and disaster regions of the world.
From setting up a water treatment plant to coordinating refugee camps or providing acute medical care in emergencies, these teams make an irreplaceable contribution to people in need.
After an extensive training with Malteser International, the unsalaried volunteers usually deploy to the disaster area for 2 to 6 weeks.
To expand our Pool of Experts, we are looking for
motivated and open-minded persons with a wide range of technical and medical backgrounds:
- Specialists and assistant physicians in the fields of surgery, anaesthesia, internal, general medicine, or gynaecology
- Health care and nursing staff with experience in surgical outpatient departments as well as midwives
- Emergency medical service personnel (e.g., paramedics)
- Specialists in logistics
- Specialists in the technical field (e.g., water supply and sanitation/WASH)
- Experts in finance and administration
- Professionals in the field of public health or mental health (e.g. health professionals, psychologists, trauma therapists)
- Experts in Safety & Security
- University studies and/or vocational training in one of the above-mentioned areas
- At least 2 years of professional experience, preferably including experience abroad
- Willingness to travel (at short notice)
- English proficiency
- French, Spanish or other language skills are an advantage
- Age: at least 21 years
- For administrative reasons, we are currently only able to consider applications from Europe (Malteser International staff are excluded)
- In indivudual cases, these formal requirements may be waived in favour of other special qualifications
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility
- Intercultural competence and the ability to work in a team
- Mental and physical resilience needed to work under extreme conditions anywhere in the world
- Time and willingness to deploy abroad at short notice in case of emergency
- Acceptance of Malteser International’s values
WHAT WE OFFER:
After successful admission to the Pool of Experts, you will be prepared for a deployment abroad through a comprehensive training programme (including the basics and standards of humanitarian aid, stress management, security). Our induction course (Module 1) is the basis for your further training with us. Through exchange and cooperation with other members, you can also further expand your network and your knowledge in relevant areas. During your volunteer assignment, Malteser International will cover the travel costs and provide you with comprehensive insurance.
Send your application with motivation letter and CV via our application portal. After your documents have been reviewed, you will be interviewed by our emergency response team.
If you are not sure your profile matches what we are looking for, please feel free to contact Ms. Dorothee Fees: [email protected]
MALTESER INTERNATIONAL – EMERGENCY RELIEF DEPARTMENT
51103 Cologne, Germany