Iran nationals: Shelter and WASH Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs
NRC in the Islamic Republic Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
About the position: Shelter and WASH Coordinator for NRC Iran - (Kerman Based)
NRC is now seeking a dedicated/experienced Shelter/WASH Coordinator to achieve quality programming in Iran. Shelter/WASH Coordinator will support all Shelter/WASH activities under supervision of Area Manager in Kerman.
Our ideal Candidate
Are you NRC’s future Shelter/WASH Coordinator in Iran? NRC has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, hard worker and analytical thinker with a proven track record of efficient in Shelter/WASH field to give support to a rapidly expanding program.
- Ensure compliance with NRC Shelter/WASH policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or propose new initiatives to bridge gaps and implement these
- Line management of Shelter & WASH Officers and Assistants
- Develop Shelter/WASH related SOP’s and makes sure they are implemented accordingly
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Shelter & WASH activities, budget as delegated in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Contribute to CC strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps in terms of Shelter/WASH
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Provide regular progress reports to AM
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Experience for working as Shelter/WASH Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Experience working in coordination and liaising with external actors
- Experience developing and delivering Shelter/WASH training and good presentation skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited daily support and supervision
Duty Station: Kerman
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with Possibility of Extension.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition