Job Ref: AV0991
Status: Full Time
Type: Fixed Term
Contract Hours: 37
Conservation Officer – Catchment Restoration (Ryevitalise project)
£25,991 to £28,672 per annum (Fixed Term Contract until 30th June 2023 [with extension likely], 37 hours per week)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Conservation Officer with a focus on Catchment Restoration to join our Ryevitalise Landscape Partnership project team.
Reporting to the Senior Catchment Restoration Officer, this post will assist with developing and delivering action to conserve the habitats, wildlife and landscapes of the River Rye catchment.
To be successful, we’ll need you to demonstrate your:
– Understanding of, and experience in the implementation of, river catchment restoration and nature recovery measures, with a focus on ecology, water management and/or water quality
– Ability to enthuse and engage a wide variety of audiences including partners, local community groups and land managers
– Excellent organisational and administrative skills
– Ecological knowledge and appreciation for the historic environment to support our Citizen Science programmes
– Excellent self-motivation with effective communication, feedback and collaborative working practices
Based at our Headquarters in Helmsley, you will be working as part of a fully committed and supportive team. You will also be able to take advantage of our excellent personal development and flexible working opportunities.
The National Park and surrounding area is a superb place to live and work with excellent schools and good access to main transportation links. Whilst the post is based at the Authority’s Headquarters in the attractive town of Helmsley (with many site visits and engagement work taking place in the project area), it is expected there will be an ongoing element of home working.
If you want to have an informal discussion about this role, please contact James Caldwell, Ryevitalise Senior Catchment Restoration Officer.
The closing date is midnight, 5th December 2021
Interviews are anticipated to be held on 14 December 2021
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.