Project title: Associate Consultant – Natural Capital & Net Gain
Location: Flexible Working / Home Based
Duration Three To Six Month Contract
Ricardo Energy & Environment (https://ee.ricardo.com/) is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, water, waste, air quality, environmental, chemical risk and crisis management and business continuity expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Read about careers at REE here:
We are looking for an experienced Associate consultant to join us on three to six month contract, with the following skills and capability:
- Indepth Natural Capital and Net Gain understanding (including biodiversity net gain) and associated UK policy and guidance both with the water sector and planning
- A background in ecology with applied environmental economics knowledge (noting we have a team of wider economist to draw upon)
- Excellent business development skills with drive and ambition to grow these key areas
- Ideally you’ll have a technical background in Natural Capital and Net Gain
- Wider planning of current and forecasted regulations and opportunities to help us grow our approaches (commensurate with UK national water regulatory guidance)
- Ensure we remain the leading consultancy in Natural Capital and Biodiversity Net Gain, as well as support wider sectors
You will have the opportunity to support less experiences team members, manage projects and provide technical direction for project assessments, plus the coordination of associated surveys, consultation and mitigation in support of our clients’ proposals and operations. You will demonstrate strong technical expertise, experience of winning work and show an aptitude and enthusiasm to develop business opportunities and ideas in our water practice and through working across other areas of the business.
Key competencies and experience:
Ideally you will already be working at a senior level as an independent expert, with experience in commercial consultancy. As such, you will ideally have experience of undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate and concise technical reports.
You will have:
- Bachelors in Environmental Sciences and/or a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Knowledge of applied environmental economics
- Knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques
- Consultancy experience or strong understanding of how consultancies operate
- Experience leading projects from a technical perspective
- Knowledge of the UK water industry including Water Resource Management, Legislative Frameworks and Policy Position Statements
- Project management and client interface experience
- A clean, full driving licence
Skills and Behaviours:
- Ability and ambition to generate new business areas and drive forward innovative approaches
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Ability to mentor and support junior members of the team
Please apply for this position as soon as possible and we look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions please contact [email protected].