Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Environment & Natural Resources Associate or Senior Associate.
The Associate or Senior Associate, will join Tetra Tech’s Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will work on both program implementation and new business development, primarily USAID-funded projects. This position will be based in the Tetra Tech ID Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA office.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals for environmental and natural resource management in developing countries, including countries in conflict.
* Develop and promote best practices and new approaches that address constraints in strengthening environmental and natural resource management through identification of prospective clients and strategies to meet those needs, including writing position papers and coordinating marketing efforts.
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including project startup and closeout.
* Represent Tetra Tech ID to clients in the US and developing countries.
* Provide coverage for project management and contract oversight and management (periodically in the field), and strong financial management oversight.
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ID sectors.
* Minimum of Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, ecology, business administration or other related field;
* Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience, including at least three (3) years overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations;
* Previous experience working with USAID required;
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in a natural resources management or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams – in the Home Office and the field – with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Functional competence in either French or Spanish;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* This position requires frequent international travel (25% – 40%);
*Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample (Must be sole author and no more than 10 pages)
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.