Do you want to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere? Join our WaterAid team in Denmark!
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit organisation dedicated to helping the poor and marginalised people break free from poverty and disease, and change their lives for good through improved access to sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). We started in 1981 because no charity like us existed. We’ll stop when no charity like us is needed.
WaterAid is looking for an Intern who wants to contribute to the development of WaterAid’s office in Denmark that is currently in the start-up phase. The Intern will support the Head of Partnerships in WaterAid Denmark, in positioning WaterAid as a WASH partner of choice for Danish stakeholders.
Your tasks will involve:
- Market research
- Developing winning concept notes and proposals
- Working with colleagues in the Global South
- Making visually appealing presentations
- Developing tracking sheets (Excel or other)
- Arranging meetings virtually and in person
The internship offers you to:
- Gain exposure and build skills in a growing global organisation
- Gather extensive practical knowledge of work within the development sector
- Engage with competent colleagues in WASH interventions and programmes
To be successful, you need to be:
- Self-driven, structured and organised
- Interested in the field of development
- Currently studying towards a Master’s degree
- Excellent in writing and conversing in Danish and English
- Willing to work virtually several days per week
- Able to work in a shared office space
It is desirable if you have experience of working with:
- Fundraising and partnership building with institutional and/or private sector partners
- Advocacy and communication
- International experience
Please note: the internship is unpaid, but if you are eligible for SU and will have your internship credited as ECTS points at your institution of study, you will continue receiving SU in the duration of the internship.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and cover letter to Intern at WaterAid Sweden, Shannon O’Sullivan, e-mail: [email protected] before 30 November 2021. Interviews will take place virtually during December.
We look forward to receiving your application!