Salary range: £49.34
Contract type: Fixed term
Mode: Part time
Business Unit (dept): Department of Geography
Closing date for applicants: 28-Nov-2021
Ref No: 1046Documents
We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate Lecturer A to develop an online distance learning module in Water and Energy Resources which will form part of a new online MSc Global Environment and Sustainability delivered in partnership with University of London Worldwide.
- Water and Energy Resources (Level 7)
- [175 hours of module development work]
- [between January – August 2022]
You will have specialist knowledge of this subject area and experience of developing and/or delivering postgraduate online courses to mature students and be qualified to the corresponding level of the award as required to teach (or demonstrate equivalent professional/industry level experience). Whilst the first year of this fixed-term post will cover development of the module, it is anticipated that the post-holder will transition to leading the delivery of the module in subsequent years.
Further to the person specification, essential requirements for this role are:
- A higher degree in Environment and Sustainability/Water and Energy Resources.
- Relevant teaching experience, ideally working with adult students within the HE sector.
- Experience of supporting students in distance learning.
- Experience of/or willingness to work with a wide range of online teaching methods.
- Experience of supporting students in completion of online assessment tasks
- A good understanding of the needs of part-time adult learners.
- Demonstrably effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in a distance learning context.
- Knowledge and experience of using IT applications, including Moodle.
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently as appropriate.
- A teaching qualification/ Advance HE fellowship (desirable)
Please refer to the person specification for further selection criteria.
Payment is based on an hourly rate depending on length of continuous service with the College (starting rate £49.34 per hour inclusive of pro-rata London Allowance and holiday pay) for contact hours worked. This hourly rate is based on the starting point of Grade 7 and is inclusive of a ‘Duties Related to Teaching Multiplier’ which covers preparation, teaching, administration, in connection with the course.
If you would like to know more about the role please click on apply below or contact Dr Dale Mineshima-Lowe, at [email protected]
If you have technical issues or difficulties using the recruitment portal please contact [email protected], providing your name and the job reference number of the position.
While we are happy to respond to all informal enquiries, only formal applications through the online system will be considered.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. The College is committed to improving the gender and cultural diversity of its workforce, holding an Athena SWAN award and operating Disability Confident & Mindful Employer schemes.