Job Number: 976961
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Melbourne – Docklands
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Tim Wood, General Manager of Asset Management Services you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity to join in a newly created position which is accountable for leading the organisation and the broader water industry objectives to advance our ability and practices in integrated water management and liveability.
As the Manager Integrated Water And Catchments Management you’ll be responsible for the provision of integrated management of water and catchment service outcomes within the Port Phillip and Westernport regions and designated water catchment areas. Key responsibility for this role include;
- Drive and integrate the Asset Management function across the full water cycle (including waterway, water catchment, storm-water and drainage networks and flood planning).
- Maximize the full value of our assets and systems by taking advantage of new opportunities with a focus on the development and realisation of multi beneficial outcomes including Liveability and Integrated Water Management (IWM) solutions.
- Develop a centre of excellence in Asset Management knowledge and systems related to the management of natural assets and systems.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents. We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Growth & Development
We’re a curious bunch at Melbourne Water and relish any opportunity to learn something new. We are in the business of enhancing life and liveability, which lends itself to re-imagining what’s possible and challenging the status quo. We offer a variety of learning opportunities; from formal development programs, digital learning content and lunch & learns; to visiting our sites and getting to see our initiatives and projects first hand. We believe that learning happens every day, so we support our people to continuously learn and experiment in the flow of their work, designing their own development path.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Skills and Experience you’ll bring to the role
- Extensive experience leading teams and delivering outcomes in an environment with complex issues, programs and stakeholders. Proven capabilities in creating and fostering new partnerships in achievement of multi beneficial outcomes.
- Strong understanding of the practice of Asset Management and emerging leading practice in integrated water management (including waterway, water catchment, storm-water and drainage networks and flood planning).
- Strong technical aptitude in areas of either hydraulic network engineering, waterway ecology, urban planning and flood planning.
- A proven ability to negotiate effective outcomes across a wide range of stakeholders including the urban development industry, policy makers, regulators and government.
- A demonstrated understanding of risk management, safety, emergency response and preparedness.
- Proven ability to drive quality and efficiency outcomes by applying innovative continuous improvement solutions.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: PD-Manager Integrated Water and Catchments Management.pdf
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 28 Nov 2021 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status.Advertised:12 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight TimeClosing:28 Nov 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time