This role provides an opportunity to:
- Help shape the next generation of water efficiency initiatives for Victoria, helping to secure water both now and into the future in sustainable, cost effective ways
- Expand your strong project management and organisational skills managing the renewal of Victoria’s water restriction bylaws
- Stretch your policy skills by designing and managing high impact projects within a small, collaborative and passionate team, supportive of flexible working arrangements
- Expand your stakeholder engagement skills and contacts by co-ordinating ideas and knowledge sharing across the Victorian water industry.
The DELWP Water Efficiency team is responsible for a range of state government initiatives designed to make the most of our urban water resources. These initiatives encourage all sectors of the community, from householders to business owners, to use water more efficiently, contributing to Victoria’s future water security in a sustainable and cost effective way. As part of a passionate team, you will lead a range of important water efficiency programs and projects that deliver water efficiency outcomes across both metropolitan and regional Victoria. The role will also involve coordinating, reviewing and providing advice to urban water corporations on urban water planning and communications.
- Sound understanding of the Victorian water industry and urban water management and program management skills are desirable.
- Familiarity with GEMs, Oracle and Zycus is desirable.
This is a fixed term position available for a period of 8 months.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and capabilities sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 21 November 2021.
Other relevant information:
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
Applicants must possess corresponding work rights to be eligible for appointment for the advertised employment period. To be appointed to an ongoing position you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian/New Zealand citizen.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.