- Ongoing or Non-ongoing opportunities
- Remuneration to be negotiated
- Albury-Wodonga, Canberra, Griffith, Goondiwindi, Mildura
Within the MDBA the Basin Strategy & Knowledge Portfolio is recruiting for SES Band 1 General Manager vacancies across our Albury-Wodonga, Canberra, Griffith, Goondiwindi and Mildura office locations.
The Basin Strategy and Knowledge Portfolio drives and facilitates science and decision support information that guides river management and Basin Plan implementation. The portfolio also aims to strengthen communications and build stakeholder confidence in water management in the Basin.
The Basin Strategy and Knowledge portfolio is comprised of the following programs:
•Communication, Engagement and Strategic Policy
General Manager, Communication, Engagement and Strategic Policy
The General Manager Communication, Engagement and Strategic Policy is instrumental in providing strategic advice and services to the MDBA and Basin governments on communication and engagement. The General Manager oversees collation of on-ground intelligence and use this to improve MDBA’s ability to be responsive and effective. This requires a good understanding of Basin stakeholders and expertise in issues management, engagement and communications. The role also coordinates a range of strategic policy initiatives. This requires good relationships, ability to develop strategic and a strong understanding of government policy options and implementation opportunities.
General Manager, Applied Science
The General Manager, Applied Science manages science investment, coordinates development of scientific evidence and advice across social, economic and environmental areas. Science, modelling and expert advice play a key role in decision making for river management and Basin Plan Implementation. The General Manager guides, facilitates and coordinate MDBA’s science investment, activities and partnerships, so they are of high quality and fit for supporting decision making. This includes the implementation of the $20m Murray-Darling Water and Environment Research Program. In this role, you will lead the Applied Science capability group which brings different skills across the MDBA together to integrate evidence, learn from each other and provide staff career paths.
As a General Manager, it is expected that the successful applicant will:
• Lead and implement a program of work providing high quality policy, program and corporate advice (including accountability requirements, risk, legal etc).
• Engage and collaborate with other parts of the MDBA, other APS agencies, Basin governments, the community and other external stakeholders to deliver improved policy and water management in the Murray-Darling Basin.
• Ensure a clear-sighted understanding of the challenges in the management of the Murray-Darling Basin, and be the primary escalation point for urgent, complex and highly-sensitive issues.
• Foster key relationships in a complex operating environment through a high standard of professional and personal integrity to build confidence as a reliable and trusted expert.
• Plan and manage allocated resources and lead the development of all staff in the program or capability.
For more information regarding these opportunities please contact Cedelle Burroughs ([email protected] 02 6279 0515).
How to apply: