Location: Office is based in Llangollen, North Wales but the position will be working in West Cheshire. Flexible working options are available.
Salary: £22- 28,000 p.a. subject to experience.
Pension: Option of the Rivers Trust pension scheme; Employees contribution of 4% and employers contribution of 9%.
Holidays: 25 Days + Bank Holidays.
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours per week). Fixed-term contract until March 2023.
Reports To: Programme Manager
About Welsh Dee Trust: A member of the wider Rivers Trust movement; The Welsh Dee Trust is a small independent charity working to restore the brooks, streams and rivers of the Dee catchment for both wildlife and people. The trust has undergone recent expansion and has developed five key programmes of work, tackling individual problems faced by the river.
Job Overview: The Community Officer will work on our ‘It Shouldn’t be in the Dee’ work programme. This programme looks to engage and support local communities in identifying the sources and solutions for water pollution. This will involve training volunteers in approaches for measuring water quality, organising litter pick days to tackle plastic pollution, and providing education days around other sources of water pollution. This post is funded as part of the Dee Blue Recovery project and will be working on the River Dee catchment in West Cheshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with local communities in the project region to identify sources and solutions for water pollution.
- Provide advice to communities on the regulations concerning freshwater pollution.
- Organise and run events focused on peer to peer learning within target regions.
- Train volunteers in citizen science techniques for monitoring water quality.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Outgoing and personable
- Knowledge of water quality problems
- Experience in organising volunteer events.
- Ability to coordinate multiple workstreams.
- Ability to use Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation relating to the water environment.
- Experience in managing contractors.
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
Closing Date: 7th December 2021.