26/10/2021 9:01:31 PM
Atlanta, GA US
Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are seeking qualified applicants for an Environmental Scientist I position in Atlanta, GA or Columbus, OH although remote locations can be considered.
The Environment Division within the Environment and Agriculture Business Line conducts research, characterization, and remediation of environmental contamination, and designs and implements environmentally sustainable remedial technologies.
As an Environmental Scientist I, the selected individual will support complex and innovative environmental engineering and science projects to effectively characterize contamination in a wide array of media, and design and implement remedial systems to treat the contamination. Examples of responsibilities based on current and anticipated projects include:
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents.
- Determines the appropriate analysis methods, identifies problems, and develops and implements innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Analyzes data and provides focused interpretive reports detailing environmental conditions, problems, solutions, and optimization recommendations specific to the project and environmental issues.
- Develop procedures and collaborates other staff in conducting laboratory and field activities that generate defensible technical data.
- Analyzes and interprets data collected in the laboratory and/or field and oversees the development of various reports which may include environmental laboratory studies, sampling plans, work plans, health and safety plans, groundwater monitoring reports, site assessment reports, well completion/abandonment reports, evaluations of remediation concepts, remedial design documents, and proposals related to environmental project work.
CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE
- Experience with soil, groundwater, surface water, and/or soil-gas contamination laboratory studies, field investigations and modeling for remediation projects with DoD, EPA, and/or commercial clients.
- Preparation of technical documents.
- Proven ability to both work independently and lead tasks with minimal oversight.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on new and technically challenging tasks
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in the office, laboratory, and/or field setting. Travel to out-of-state project locations and conferences very likely required.
- Must be a US Citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Training: 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and current 8-hour annual refresher certification.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) if degreed in one of these technical disciplines.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
In compliance with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, Battelle requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and continued employment and to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers