Blumont is a global organization working with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to building infrastructure, delivering lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and bridging the gap from early recovery through long-term stability and development. Blumont serves underserved populations, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and tackles development challenges through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience. Blumont is looking to hire a Governance Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded Rural Water Infrastructure Governance Activity in Mali entitled ANKA JIKO.
The Governance Specialist will work with the project’s senior technical leadership team and with relevant government officials, especially at the Commune levels. The Governance Specialist will be responsible for increasing the capacity of local government officials at the Commune level and technical service oversight/regulators to participate in policy, planning, financing and management and maintenance of water and sanitation service delivery. Malian Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Improve the capacity of communes, water user associations, and technical service oversight/regulators to manage and oversee the construction of community water and sanitation infrastructure
- Inform stakeholders of the decentralization law and how it relates to water and sanitation services at the local level
- Assist governance entities to become sustainable in the management of water infrastructure, water and sanitation service delivery and resources
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related to governance systems
- At least 10 years of demonstrated technical expertise with substantial developing country context experience, in governance and local participation
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in a technical leader position in a context similar to Mali
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts
- urban planning, city management, economic development, or another related field.
- Fluency in English and French is a requirement.