We invite you to bring your experience and enthusiasm into play as you contribute to innovative and high-quality design solutions in the areas of climate adaptation and resiliency. To succeed in this role, you must have technical experience in the areas of Urban Planning and Climate Resilience. Are you ready to join our team? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world. Our mission is to create sustainable societies where people and nature flourish.
You will join our Climate Adaptation department
In joining our team, you will be part of an internationally leading company within the area of climate resilience with professionals working in a collaborative environment in the areas of Climate Resilience and Cloudburst Planning; Flood Reduction and Risk Mitigation, including use of Blue-Green- infrastructure (BGI), Nature-Based-Solutions and other Protection Measures; Watershed Management Plans; and Integrated Infrastructure Planning.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of climate resilience plans, integrated infrastructure plans, LID etc. in close collaboration with project teams, clients and stakeholders
- Lead and participate in Stakeholder Engagement – internal and external – for various projects
- Work closely with ecological and engineering design personnel to ensure planning services are complementary and integrated with overall elements of a project.
- Prepare written reports
- Perform quality reviews of planning documents performed by other planners or subconsultants
- Manage planning and climate related tasks, adhering to scope, schedule and budget
- Understands the specific design and project needs or requirements, project processes and methodology
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- B.S. Degree in an Environmental, Planning and Sustainability field (M.S. preferred)
- 5+ years planning experience preferred
- Demonstrated resiliency planning experience
- Demonstrated experience in Climate Risk mapping and Climate Justice concepts
- Experience with local, state and federal permitting programs and stormwater and floodplain regulations
- Experience with conceptual and preliminary design of flood protection measures, stormwater management, and/or coastal protection
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP); if not certified, a commitment to taking the exam and becoming certified
- Additional certifications, such as Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) is a plus
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across diverse planning and engineering project teams, as well as ability to work independently in applying practical knowledge in the resiliency planning area.
Welcome to our Water division
At Ramboll, a global team of bright water consultants support the development of sustainable societies, working with water projects on a global scale. We assist our clients on their most challenging water management issues, delivering solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. Our main service areas cover Climate Adaptation, Water & Wastewater Treatment and Infrastructure, and Water Resource Management.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.