Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute)
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008 in Kodaikanal, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India.
Over the years, WASH Institute has carved its niche in the field of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene as an expert through its quality training programs, Technical Assistance programs to the Government of India, grassroots programs, and research & advocacy. WASH Institute also has an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. The Institute has a proven record of accomplishment in organizing National Workshops/conferences on various themes of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. WASH Institute is currently operating from different branch offices that are located in Reddiarchatram, Chennai, Madurai, Thiruppullani and Viralimalai (Tamil Nadu), Munger (Bihar), West Bengal, Bhadradari Kothagudem (Telangana), Noida and Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Malur (Karnataka), East Godavari district (Andhra Pradesh), Hindaun (Rajasthan), Amritsar, Gurdaspur (Punjab) and New Delhi.
WASH Institute is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
India as a country, has been taking numerous efforts towards inclusive sanitation facilities to contribute to improved environmental health. With the rapid urbanization, many states/cities are facing challenges related to efficient management of the wastewater and fecal waste as Wastewater Management (WWM) & Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) are central to achieve complete ‘Open Defecation Free (ODF)’ status. As a solution, states/cities are coming up with a number of Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) & Fecal Sludge Treatment Plants (FSTPs). The USAID funded program aims to build capacities of state and ULB officials to plan and implement such systems.
Name of the position: Training Coordinator
No. of positions: 1
Duty Station: New Delhi with frequent travel to training locations
• B.E Civil Engineering/ Environment Engineering with 7-8 years of experience in fecal sludge/ water/wastewater/Solid waste management or capacity building projects.
Masters in Environment Engineering/ Urban or Rural development/Management/ Social work with 4-5 of relevant experience
• Experience of working with State Government departments and agencies.
• Experience of working in capacity building projects
• Experience as a trainer desirable
• The training coordinators will be responsible for coordinating the national level training programs to be carried out by WASH Institute.
• They will be responsible for anchoring the training programs at project states. As part of this, they will also develop a state level capacity building plan/strategy.
• The training coordinators will have to network and liaison with the concerned representatives from various state and local Government departments to seek participation and organize the trainings.
• Provide necessary back end and front-end support to the program team and resource personnel in conducting the training programs.
• They will act as a point of contact for trainees, resource personnel and other stakeholders.
• They will also be expected to facilitate training sessions along with resource personnel.
• They will have to facilitate data collection for monitoring and evaluation programs to measure the effectiveness of trainings.
• Support the project team as required
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in English is essential and knowledge of any South Indian language is desirable.
The annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
How to Apply :
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]
The last date to submit application is 30th November, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
The candidates who have applied earlier for this position need not apply.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. WASH Institute has zero tolerance for any forms of Sexual exploitation and abuse at work place. WASH Institute does not discriminate qualified candidates based on age, caste, class, sex, gender, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, health and disability.
Job Email id: careers(at)washinstitute.org