Staff Environmental Professional
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated, junior-level hydrogeologist or engineer to support our environmental and water resource projects around the Pacific Northwest. This is a position for a dynamic, team-spirited individual looking for career growth in environmental consulting. This position will primarily support site assessment and remedial activities associated with on-going Superfund sites across the Oregon/Washington area.
The successful candidate will be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Access, and have excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking. Data management experience a plus. One to five years of associated experience is preferred.
Field work will include:
- Monitoring field explorations and construction projects
- Conducting hydrogeologic site characterizations
- Conducting water supply well assessments
- Supervising well design, drilling, and construction, including geologic logging of both sedimentary and crystalline rock formations
- Designing and implementing multi-media field sampling programs, including groundwater, surface water, soils, and sediments
- Conducting aquifer tests
Office work will include:
- Coordinating with teaming partners, subconsultants, state agencies, contractors, and analytical labs
- Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting field-acquired data using numerical and analytical tools
- Managing and analyzing data, and preparing clear, concise, and effective technical reports
- Participating in project strategy development
- Master’s degree in hydrogeology or engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing
- Previous experience on field work projects is desirable
- Ability to work successfully in a team setting and to collaborate with other technical staff members
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel within the Pacific Northwest and California
- Must obey all health and safety rules
- Must be able to work in remote areas, walk long distances over rough terrain, and lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Expected to carry and use protective equipment (hard hat, gloves, boots, etc.)
GSI is an employee-owned water resources and environmental management consulting firm. Our employees provide innovative solutions to clients’ groundwater, environmental contamination, and water resources challenges. We are passionate, motivated, and team-oriented professionals who strive to be leaders in the water industry and are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of service and technical capabilities. GSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity.
If you are interested in working with a great team and participating in projects that involve aquifer recharge, production well design and installation, injection wells, or groundwater management planning, we encourage you to submit your resume. Please provide a brief cover letter telling us a little about yourself.