Department: SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS
City: Hong Kong S.A.R
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
- As the sustainable manufacturing programme manager, you will be responsible for driving Burberry’s chemical management programme and supporting other sustainability initiatives.
- The role entails strong stakeholder management internally and externally and we seek someone who is passionate about environmental issues. You are somebody who enjoys working with others, constantly seeks to collaborate and has strong integrity.
- You will report to the Director of Quality & Sustainable Manufacturing, and work on a small but impactful team who are . responsible for chemical management and water conservation
- Manage Burberry’s chemical and water management implementation and supply chain performance in Asia
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams and supply chain partners
- Support product compliance teams with RSL updates and non-conformity resolution
- Ensure accuracy of data for reporting purposes such as monthly KPI dashboards
- Work closely with the regional corporate responsibility team on joint initiatives and external reporting requirements, e.g. annual report, DJSI
- Work closely with regional SC teams to ensure support and awareness of initiatives and risks
- Work actively with external stakeholders and constantly seek opportunities to collaborate e.g. ZDHC
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven Chemical and Environmental education and experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in partnership with cross functional partners in other Burberry teams to ensure alignment of goals
- Understanding of textile and leather production processes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience of building rapport and influence across all levels
- A deep understanding of sustainability issues in the fashion industry and a passion to address these
- Excellent spoken and written English and Mandarin language.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ensure the achievement of partners KPIs as set every FY
- Ensure timely resolution of chemical non conformities
- Ensure accurate planning and performance of partner assessments
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting for internal and external purpose
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Job Segment: Architecture, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Supply, Engineering, Operations, Management, Marketing