Ramboll is pleased to be inviting applications for our 2022 Graduate scheme across our Transport, Buildings and Environment & Health markets. It’s an exciting time to enter the Engineering and Environmental Consultancy industry with Ramboll, and there’s a packed order book full of interesting projects and challenges going into 2022 and beyond. With the climate emergency in sharp focus and businesses needing to take quick action, Ramboll brings innovative thinking and bright ideas to develop solutions that drive commercial value as well as benefiting people and planet. Come and be part of the solution by applying now to our 2022 Graduate scheme.
We invite you to bring your knowledge of the water environment into play so that you can help our Water Team deliver a growing workload. Our work includes flood risk assessments, surface water drainage strategies, hydraulic modelling, water quality appraisals, environmental impact assessments and, increasingly, the design of river restoration schemes and wetland creation projects. To apply for the role you must have at least a BSc or BEng in a relevant subject. For the role you must also have some demonstrable prior experience of undertaking the type of work outlined above and, crucially, the associated report writing. We are particularly interested to hear from applicants with experience of hydraulic modelling, although that is not a pre-requisite. Are you our new Graduate Water Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Water department
As our new Water Team member, you will be part of the Environment and Health global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues. The division has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Our Environment and Health business in the UK employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a wide range of consulting services. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government, international institutions as well as private developers. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respect each other and work towards a common goal. The Water Team is a comparatively small but growing team, and the role will provide a good opportunity for the right candidate to aid in delivering high quality projects in a very broad range of Markets, Sectors and client types.
Your key tasks and responsibilities could include:
- Providing project specific technical support including:
- flood risk assessments
- hydraulic modelling
- drainage and infrastructure concept/strategy design (incorporating SuDS)
- water quality appraisals
- Environmental Impact Assessment (including authoring Environmental Statement chapters)
- environmental management plans
- Preparation of:
- concept designs
- Liaison with team members and providing progress updates
- Liaison with clients, contractors, regulators, architects, planners and other external professionals concerning all areas relevant to our projects
- Site visits to ascertain key information and identify project-specific constraints and opportunities
- Coordinating with and supporting the wider environmental team which includes ecologists, land quality experts, air quality professionals, environmental acousticians and sustainability assessors
- Assisting with determining the scope of new projects and bidding for them
- Attending meetings and liaising with clients, contractors, architects, planners and other professionals concerning all areas relevant to our projects
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Degree in a relevant environmental discipline
- Master’s degree in a related environmental discipline is preferred
- Full clean driving license
- Experience with IT packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Numerically competent
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Competent and efficient report writing skill
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: An eye for detail, being able to accurately measure, record and input data, and prepare excellent written reports. Proactive, well organised, with the ability/initiative to prioritise and organise work activities. Strong team member, communicating effectively across different teams within the business.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,150 bright minds working across 16 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Please attached as separate documents your CV, Cover Letter and a maximum 500-word response to the following question:
- What are the biggest sustainability challenges facing the global economy in the next 10 years and how would you advise a client in beginning to plan for these?
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 28th November 2021.