The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is seeking applications from enthusiastic students who are looking to gain professional experience in the field of communications at its office in Lahore, Pakistan.
During this internship, the intern will assist in the following areas:
- Content production – developing or supporting the following:
- Assist in the designing of collateral as per IWMI graphic design guidelines.
- News stories and other material.
- Email and Mailchimp newsletters in support of the IWMI Pakistan’s strategic program.
- Multimedia products.
- Printed publications and materials.
- Social media – Support staff in the management of social media outreach:
- Support social media channels, and draft social media posts and kits.
- Contribute to new ideas and increase traffic on IWMI Pakistan social media sites.
- Track social media and generate analytics reports.
- Knowledge management – Support the IWMI communications and the IWMI Pakistan’s strategic program teams with knowledge management in Pakistan.
- Other activities – as assigned by the supervisor, which may include the following:
- Provide support to the organization of events, preparation of presentations and monitoring of the publications pipeline.
- Upload photographs to SharePoint with suitable captions and relevant information.
- Maintain tracking lists of communication products, media, media mentions, etc.
Requirements: Qualifications, exposure and skills:
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- Interest in science/environmental issues and/or the development sector.
- Knowledge of communication technologies and processes.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English.
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office, web applications, graphic designing software, and social media outlets. Multimedia (video, photo editing) skills are a bonus.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent team player.
IWMI will provide a monthly stipend to the selected candidate during the internship period.
The duration of the internship is 06 months. This is a nationally recruited internship and only citizens of Pakistan are eligible to apply.
To apply, visit www.iwmi.org/jobs. Applications must be submitted by 24:00 (Pakistan time) on November 16, 2021 (Tuesday).
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is an international, research-for-development organization that works with governments, civil society and the private sector to solve water problems in developing countries and scale up solutions. Through partnership, IWMI combines research on the sustainable use of water and land resources, knowledge services and products with capacity strengthening, dialogue and policy analysis to support implementation of water management solutions for agriculture, ecosystems, climate change and inclusive economic growth. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE). www.iwmi.org
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.