GF Piping Systems is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Schaffhausen (Switzerland). The division is a leading supplier of piping systems made of plastics and metal. GF Piping Systems focuses on system solutions and high-quality components for the safe transport of water, chemicals, and gases, as well as corresponding services. In over 100 countries through its own sales companies and representative offices and with more than 30 production sites in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, GF Piping Systems supports customers in the fields of utility, industry, and building technology.
In this newly created role, you will be part of the Utility Product Management in Schaffhausen – a Global Center of Competence at GF Piping Systems. The Application Engineer for Water Utilities will have a key role to contribute the global sales of Utility Pressure Regulating Valve and ensure technical support towards the customers. This includes responding to customer issues, guiding customers through troubleshooting, and supporting installs/commissioning for customers. Furthermore, by maintaining regular contact with the relevant technical staff, getting a good understanding of the entire pressure management system at the water utilities and will be able to initiate new product ideas and solutions.
- Contribute the global sales of Utility Pressure Reducing Valve and the entire Pressure Management System by supporting the customers at an engineering level, understanding their requirements, and proposing technical solutions accordingly
- Manage field activities, respond to customer issues, guide customers through troubleshooting on-site, prove updates that solve bug issues, support installs/commissioning for customers, and maintaining regular contact with the relevant technical staff at the water utilities
- Work closely with GFPS Sales Companies, Business Development, Product Management, R&D, Production, Global Sales Support to translate the customer needs into innovative product offerings and services, furthermore to initiate new product ideas
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on newly developed PRV features and product engagements
- Support the customer service and quality/network teams to optimize product utilization and ensure products stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs. Also, perform prototyping and application tests to ensure the product is satisfactory
- Create test plans, documentation review, developing and delivering training materials, tracking customer issues, benchmarking and integration support
- Writing product specifications from the user point of view
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial or engineering environment preferably as a field engineer, hands-on experience in managing pressure management, especially in water distribution is a plus
- Master’s degree, mechanical engineering, computational engineering, or similar
- Good knowledge about hydrodynamic fluid dynamics and fluid movement
- Solid understanding of design engineering solutions, familiarity with CAD software
- Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally
- Clear communication skills and ability to communicate complex technical topics comprehensibly
- Creative, analytical driven, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Open for global travel, minimum 40%
- English and German language skills must be on a high professional level, Spanish or French language is an asset
We offer you a very interesting and flexible challenge in a globally operating company.
Have we sparked your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your complete online application.
For additional information please contact Mr. René Paparusso, Talent Acquisition Manager, phone +41 (0)52 631 37 86.
+41 52 631 37 86
Georg Fischer Rohrleitungssysteme AG, Schaffhausen