Location: Kent Ridge Campus, SG
Company: National University of Singapore
We seek applicants for Visiting Full Professor with expertise in Environmental Communication.
Candidates with previous industry experience in environmental communication are also welcome to apply.
Qualifications: PhD in Communication, Cultural Studies, Public Policy or closely related disciplines, with a specialization in studying the role of new media in the communication of science, risk, sustainability and policy concerning environmental issues such as climate change, socio-ecological systems (e.g., food, energy, water, technology), natural and human-made disaster, environmental planning, environmental campaign, environmental justice and governance, repair and circular economy.
Candidates must have an excellent track record in research and teaching, and demonstrate leadership in their fields commensurate with rank. Candidates with interdisciplinary research and industry expertise, and able to teach broadly into our curriculum such as feminist new media studies, critical informational studies, social computing and strategic communications, are especially encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include departmental research leadership, attracting research funding, mentoring junior and mid-level faculty, as well as teaching 110-140 hours (3 courses) per academic year. Other duties include supervision of honours students and graduate students, and administrative service. The anticipated start date is July 2022.
Remuneration is competitive and includes medical, housing, relocation and other benefits. Significant research start-up funding is available if appointed on the tenure track.
Singapore is a modern, English-speaking city state that is connected to the world via global commerce, finance and transport networks with a stable climate year round and a cosmopolitan mix of cultures and languages.
How to Apply
Interested parties are required to submit a complete dossier:
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (Download file via link – nus.edu.sg/careers/files/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf)
- Full CV, including education, professional background, teaching and supervision, research activities and achievements, honours and awards, and service accomplishments to date. List all academic and non-academic positions.
- Name and contact of your PhD Supervisor. All PhD and postdoctoral supervisors or any other senior authors with close and regular collaborations (full name and institution) should be listed.
- University service. List and elaborate on the impact of service to the Department, Faculty and/or University, particularly where there are impactful leadership.
- Public and Professional Service. List and elaborate on the impact of service to the international academic community, profession/industry, and national/international agencies.
- Diversity Statement
- A complete list of publications, grouped according to papers, books, and reviews, including page numbers, in bibliographic form.
- Citation (excluding self-citations and in the case of co-authored work, cross-citations) and impact analysis of research output, highlighting papers with the highest citation counts, and creative works with high impact.
For full consideration, please submit a complete application dossier. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department : Communications And New Media
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9187